Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funky souvenirs in Dublin

Options
  • 16-03-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Is there a store in Dublin where I can find funky/edgy/hip souvenirs? Also T-shirts, sweatshirts etc.

I'm not looking for the regular souvenirs like those in Carroll's, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

What kind of thing did you have in mind? Most Dublin souvenirs are of the terrible variety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

what, exactly, is a "hip" souvenir?

Almost by definition souvenirs are tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I would recommend boxes of handmade pralines, you get them in every grocery store

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

theres a little shop beside yamamori on georges street. It does loads of little irish made things as well as the" keep going..." stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

af1020 wrote: »
    Is there a store in Dublin where I can find funky/edgy/hip souvenirs? Also T-shirts, sweatshirts etc.

I'm not looking for the regular souvenirs like those in Carroll's, etc.

Try Cows Lane/Cows Lane Market and Essex Street West (West of Parliament Street in Temple Bar-same street as Queen of Tarts Cafe) There are some lovely little shops there selling cool stuff and the market is nice too for gifty stuff.Not sure what days its on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

snowey07 wrote: »
    theres a little shop beside yamamori on georges street. It does loads of little irish made things as well as the" keep going..." stuff

Designist is the name of that little shop, it's really good. Also well worth checking out is Article in Powerscourt Townhouse Centre, and many other little boutiques in Powerscourt. Jam Art Gallery on Patrick Street has lovely bits and pieces.

If you're looking for nice Irish food gifts then Fallon&Byrne on Exchequer St is the place to go, Butlers chocolates you can get for great value in the airport.

i see Roselm recommended Cows Lane, I absolutely second this, apart from the stalls on a Saturday there is an Irish design shop and a lovely house-y shop called Industry, not necessarily all Irish stuff but great for little unique gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

The Icon Factory in Temple Bar have a shop with t-shirts, mugs etc. that differ from the usual paddywhackery

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement