Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 31 Transfers

• 16-03-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Looking at bringing in Baines for Davies in preparation for GW33. Won't be doing it until after the International break though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Might go for Santi this week. I'd go for an Arsenal defender but haven't a clue who to get. No guaranteed starters among Monreal/Gibbs/Sagna/Jenkinson really is there? Mertesacker isn't really an option unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah my next two transfers will be Baines and Santi in, not sure which to do first though. Everton are away at Spurs next week and Arsenal are away at WB. Santi is prob more likely to score in GW32 but I would be getting rid of Mata who faces Sunderland at home. Guess I'll see how he does tomorrow before making a decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Might go for Santi this week. I'd go for an Arsenal defender but haven't a clue who to get. No guaranteed starters among Monreal/Gibbs/Sagna/Jenkinson really is there? Mertesacker isn't really an option unfortunately.

Mertesacker, why not? He's cheaper than Monreal and same amount as the other likely players. Jenkinson at good value at 4.0 and Sagna is listed as injured until 30 March.. though that might change, worth keeping an eye on, considering next match isn't until 30 March also. Mert is a nailed on starter.

Mertesacker, why not? He's cheaper than Monreal and same amount as the other likely players. Jenkinson at good value at 4.0 and Sagna is listed as injured until 30 March.. though that might change, worth keeping an eye on, considering next match isn't until 30 March also. Mert is a nailed on starter.

Ha well he is an option but the guy i'm chasing in my league has him already so i'm somewhat reluctant. I'd prefer one of the left/right back options but if none of them are guaranteed both games in the DGW, I might just have to hold my nose and go for Mertesacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Fellani suspended until April 13th, time to transfer out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ha well he is an option but the guy i'm chasing in my league has him already so i'm somewhat reluctant. I'd prefer one of the left/right back options but if none of them are guaranteed both games in the DGW, I might just have to hold my nose and go for Mertesacker.

If you wanted to take a risk, I'd go with Jenkinson then. Considering Sagna's injury record, even if he is back on the 30th,doubt Wenger will be rushing to get him back onto the field, especially with Jenkinson in the form he is in, and he looks an attractive threat going forward too. Gibbs and Monreal/ Kos and Verm are harder to suss tbh. Bear in mind it will only make much of a difference when defenders get assists and goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

mata out cazorla in this week. then zabaleta out mertesacker in which will leave me with enough to get fellaini in for the DGW(sissoko out). that'll leave me with 7 DGW players for gw 33: 3 united players, 3 arsenal and fellaini

might try to get mata back in for chelseas dgw. do city have a a dgw coming up?

Suarez one yellow card away from a suspension. I think he just needs to get through the next three matches though and it'll be wiped.

darego wrote: »
    mata out cazorla in this week. then zabaleta out mertesacker in which will leave me with enough to get fellaini in for the DGW(sissoko out). that'll leave me with 7 DGW players for gw 33: 3 united players, 3 arsenal and fellaini

might try to get mata back in for chelseas dgw. do city have a a dgw coming up?

United will probably not have a DGW in 33. If they beat Chelsea it'll be rescheduled for later in the year. On the flip side Chelsea may then end up having a double in 33, so be wary about getting rid of Mata just yet.

No point in making any transfer tonight anyway, still have games tomorrow and the Int break.

roryc wrote: »
    Suarez one yellow card away from a suspension. I think he just needs to get through the next three matches though and it'll be wiped.

Jeez that'll be a tough one to call if he does get suspended. I can't really leave 11 million tied up in a chap who isnt playing for 2 games but then again, I could also do without losing .9 mill...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

2 free transfers and barring anything drastic one of them is very easy, getting in santi at home to reading in preparation for the dgw.
    got gerrard in for the dgw recently and had planned to put mata back in but with the fixture congestion i'll leave that for now.

not sure about my second transfer. if fabianski was going to be arsenal's goalie for a bit now he'd be a great shout at 4.3, especially with the dgw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no idea.

i might downgrade Michu or Sissoko to upgrade Sturridge or Benteke the following week.

i'll wait though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Bye Bye Michu. Carzola in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Finally got a chance to ship Puncheon and Clyne. Coutinho and Riether in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Was planning to bank mine but now with Bunn sent off, I'm worried that Fergie will rest De Gea and I'll be left without a 'keeper.

Is there any talk of Norwich appealing the red card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

City defender in this week for Cole I reckon.

will wait though.

I don't think de Gea will be rested btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

no question of de gea being rested, goalkeepers aren't like outfield players in that they need to be rested.
    Ferguson will know the importance of keeping city at a distance, were united to lose to sunderland and city win their game it's back to 12, with united v city the next game and city having the opportunity to bring it back to 9 and gain some serious momentum while united have 2 tricky away games to stoke and west ham.
    I expect a couple of changes as ferguson tries to balance his team to pick one he thinks will beat sunderland but also keep a couple of key players fresh for the chelsea replay 2 games later but de gea won't be one of those changes.
    why would you disrupt a keeper that finally seems to be settling and hasn't conceded a premier league goal in so long now.

I would assume RVP is rested. De Gea will play.

Not sure about Evra, he was rested last week but should play the Chelsea game. Would Fergie rest him 2 weeks running? It seems to me like he was rested a week early, the Sunderland game seems to be the perfect opportunity to have rested a lot of key players. Far be it for me to question his motives though, but it's f**king with my FF...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Is Berbatov interesting any of ye as a cheapish striker, I've had faith in him all along and he's been helping me through otherwise mediocre weeks, re the debate which raged earlier in the year about him and Fletcher which some people took great pleasure in resurrecting every time Fletcher scored it's very close now and Berba has a far better points per game ratio. He also has a decent set of fixtures left so should easily see Fletch off now. He's also a little cheaper than Benteke or Lambert and could well outscore all of them for the remainder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think im going to take out mata for carzola after the weekends results. Chelsea have a five point cushion over Arsenal for the CL spots so he probably wont play the next league game and then hopefully they win the fa cup replay meaning no chance of a dgw33 for chelsea.

• Advertisement

I have no idea who is calling him Carzola as a joke and who actually thinks that is his name.

I have no idea who is calling him Carzola as a joke and who actually thinks that is his name.

Its not as bad as calling bale chimp boy though ha

He is half boy, half chimp. I think this is an accurate name for him.

He is half boy, half chimp. I think this is an accurate name for him.

And you wonder why he decides to stop scoring when you capt him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Suddenly I have a few players with question marks over them.

Bunn (suspended)
    Dawson (injured - not sure how serious, and there's a break, so might not be a problem)
    Harte (dropped)
    Clichy (dropped - probably only temporary though, as Mancini's tinkering backfired)
    Michu (form)
    RVP (won't be dropping him with DGW coming up, but not doing great at the minute)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Have 2 free transfers and looking to ship Fellaini out.

Midfield is Sissoko, Walcott, Michu, Bale.
    Coutinho in? (have Enrique and Suarez)

Does anyone else have Tevez up front?.. can't bring myself to sell him, waiting for that 2 goal 1 assist 3pt bonus game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

crazy8 wrote: »

Does anyone else have Tevez up front?.. can't bring myself to sell him, waiting for that 2 goal 1 assist 3pt bonus game!

You might be waiting a while, City look like a very average team lately. They're not the same side they were last season that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭garra

crazy8 wrote: »

I would imagine very few people have Tevez up front, there are numerous better options up front - loyalty will be the ruination of you. If you are determined to rid yourself of the poodle-headed Belgian, who plays twice in GW33, then consider the form of Hazard or fixtures of Silva, another doubler in GW33. Wait until internationals etc have been played and dont worry about losing .1 here or there.. its all about the points now.

what are walcott owners planning on doing ? It seems he will be back next week and if not definetely the dgw. I want cazorla in and could do walcott to cazorla with my FT, but am leaning towards a points hit to get cazorla in and keep walcott and just bench him this week. Doubts about Mata and rvp starting just to add into the mix aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

what are walcott owners planning on doing ? It seems he will be back next week and if not definetely the dgw. I want cazorla in and could do walcott to cazorla with my FT, but am leaning towards a points hit to get cazorla in and keep walcott and just bench him this week. Doubts about Mata and rvp starting just to add into the mix aswell.

Holding Walcott for now.

Advertisement