Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC Predictor - Your Final Premier League Table

• 16-03-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

It's that time of year again, when everyone gets the BBC Predictor out trying to come up with who will win the league (although that's done and dusted), who will make Europe and perhaps toughest of all to predict, who will go down.

The link is below, have a go and paste in a screenshot or even just let us know what your final table looks like and we can get a bit of discussion going along with coming back in May to have a look at how close everyone was.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

I'll kick things off:

a2d9095beffee16515aa4dbecc3cd34d.png?1363466416

As you can see there's four teams there that have an extra game remaining that hasn't been accounted for by the website, but they don't affect the relegation spots or European spots on my table.

I've probably been a bit generous to Manchester United giving them 95 points which would mean they tie the record Chelsea set in 2004-2005, but with their fixture list and no European games I can't see many games in which they will drop points.

I feel Arsenal will put a decent run together and really put up a fight for that 4th spot, but unfortunately I think they'll have just left themselves a little bit too much to do and have to settle for the Europa League next year.

Down at the bottom I think QPR have a nice few home games against teams that are poor away from home that they will probably win now that they've left themselves too much to do which would put them on 32 points, along with Wigan who will finally cave without an N'Zogbia to blow up for a month or a Martinez tactical masterstroke to keep them up. Reading haven't got a prayer IMO although they may pick up a couple more points than I have given them to get them closer to QPR and Wigan.

I feel teams like Villa and Sunderland will make enough of their home games against similar placed teams to escape although if either of them drop points in their winnable games (starting with Sunderland vs Norwich tomorrow) it will be even tighter than I have it.

One thing I have noticed while doing this predictor is how many big games there is between teams fighting it out at the bottom. Almost every week from now until the end of the season we have games which will dramatically change the course of things for the relegation spots. Although the title is all over there's still a huge amount to play for at the other end of the table (plus for the European spots), and who knows, if recent years are anything to go by that Wigan vs Villa game on the last day of the season, along with Newcastle vs Arsenal in Arsenal's battle for the final Champions League spot, may give us another dramatic finish like last year!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I did it pretty quickly and lazily but I seem to have predicted a collapse by Chelsea, 13 points lower than yours for them! Also I was a bit hopeful in terms of results for Reading and Arsenal generally probably.

hmvPOxF.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

35iss5l.jpg

Spurs in the Champions League, Everton in Europa and QPR avoiding the drop are the highlights of my predictions.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Like most peoples', nothing significantly changes in mine. QPR, Wigan and Reading go down, the 4 teams stay top 4, Arsenal 5th and Liverpool 6th. Fulham the big fallers in mine, only barely stay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

33blhm1.png

I seem to have been a bit safe with the top teams resulting in a lot of them ending with huge points totals. Also a bit nice to Everton and harsh to Liverpool. Would have to go through the results to see why that is, maybe Everton have a handier run-in. I'd also pick those three for relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

My predictions- A renaissance for Everton and Arsenal, a collapse for Chelsea and a sterling effort for Wigan, as the season begins.

bbcleaguetablepredictor.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

leagues.png

My guesstimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hmm Chelsea dont do so well on mine!!

C0HoWxl.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

5l78mw.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Have Arsenal and Chelsea going down to the last day for 4th place. Qpr, Reading and Wigan going down

[IMG][/img]footballtable.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

tablevc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

United to finish with 99 points, my beloved Spurs to drop off the pace but still secure 4th. Stoke to collapse totally but avoid relegation, QPR to get a few results but not enough.

table_zpsae27294b.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Title won on April 22nd
    Man City confirm top 4 finish on May 4th

3rd, 4th and 5th (between Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham), not confirmed till final day
    No relegation confirmed till final day

Going into final day:

CrIKxGd.png

After final day:

C6suirn.png

FWIW, I think the teams with 37 games will finish in the same positions they are in above tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Title won on April 22nd
    Man City confirm top 4 finish on May 4th

3rd, 4th and 5th (between Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham), not confirmed till final day
    No relegation confirmed till final day

Going into final day:

CrIKxGd.png

After final day:

C6suirn.png

FWIW, I think the teams with 37 games will finish in the same positions they are in above tables.

You only think Villa will get one more point all season? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

c55764c18803794ab0a19d935bec3e5d.png?1363483590

I didn't realise I was being so generous to Villa :pac: I expect them to safe with a few games to go though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

COYVB wrote: »

I didn't even notice that :p. I was just taking the results game by game rather than looking at the bigger picture and how much points each individual team will get. I was paying more attention to the top 7 so forgive me for that, looking at Villa's fixtures I'd fancy them to get about 6-9 points so they'd probably be safe.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

COYVB wrote: »

They are playing Liverpool next so that should see them smash through that total nicely.

Advertisement