Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Heating Issue

Options
  • 16-03-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Have GFCH. Pressure is building in the system, going up to 3 bar. Water coming fom overflow valve at this pressure. I bleed system from this valve to reduce to under 2 bar but pressure rebuilds up again. Have cut off water coming into system. Normally I have a situation where pressure is dropping. Can't find a leak.
    What could be causing pressure to keep building up?
    Can't get plumber on phone.
    Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

There a filling loop connected? Possibly that valve is letting water in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dickb

Don't think so. There is a lever valve from attic that I have closed off this evening. It appears to be a control valve to stopp water from the attic/tank.There are two other valves on the line, one is controlling a pressure gauge and another valve. Both are closed off for the past week or so. I don't tink they are leaking. Hope I am explaining ok as I have limited knowledge of how this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

This video shows a filling loop. I have an oil boiler and had a similar problem to you and it was because the tiny valve on the filling loop was slightly open.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUnoa1nSDNM

Note: Don't actually do what's on the video, just look at the filling loop.

Advertisement