Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrist stopwatch for gallery rifle

• 17-03-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

anyone know the make of the stopwatches the lads doing gallery rifle use,they are the large round face black ones that you can use on your wrist,and a website where you can buy them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

bazza888 wrote: »
    anyone know the make of the stopwatches the lads doing gallery rifle use,they are the large round face black ones that you can use on your wrist,and a website where you can buy them?

Paddy has them in the 4x4

but i use the digital timers velcrowed to a strap on my arm

245302.jpg

digital timer.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Cheapest place in I could find them in Ireland & the Uk is Murray mootorsport in Greenhills just of the Walkinstown roundabout, they are actually rally navigators watches !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

there called a fastime stopwatch. can be got for about 35 online on ebay or in murray auto sports near tallaght

AT last I found the type that the lads use. It only has Minutes and Seconds in a big readout, not the 10's as well that gives a smaller display
    Google 'Fast Timers'

€45
    http://www.astopwatch.co.uk/products/fastimerange.asp?watch=Fastime11&group=fastimerange

13_3_l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

The Pictured one there CLiveJ is the Fasttime 15

Get the Fastime 75 :)

The Salter/Kitchen timers are ok, but not really strap to your wrist size :o

• Advertisement

Scalachi wrote: »
    The Pictured one there CLiveJ is the Fasttime 15

Get the Fastime 75 :)

The Salter/Kitchen timers are ok, but not really strap to your wrist size :o

Down on that Website as the Fasttime 11 @€;45 + €5 P&P
    I can't find/see the Fasttime 75

BUT I'm leaning more towards this SW3 or SW4 from the same people
    Size:
    Length: 40mm, Width: 50mm Depth: 13mm, Digits: 12mm and waterproof to 150m

144_1_l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

whats the difference between the fastime 75 and the one in the picture scalachi?i cant find a fastime 75 online

Main reason is the layout and the menu

I have been using the 75 (have had 2) in the last 5 or so years, and I am very used to it, but beyond that, the timer function on the 75 is slightly better for countdown and countup, as the digits are the full size on the display and not to the side of the main display if you know what I mean, the one above for example is probalby better for minutes/hours instead of seconds/minutes.

I will have a look and see where I got it from

@CliveJ re the SW3

If you have to wear it like a watch, you may be at a disadvantew to a fastime as they come with adjustable elasticated straps that you can put up your forearm, that way while holding the rifle, you can still instantly the the time countup/countdown.

With a normal watch, you will either have it facing away from you or facing towards you but the gun may be in the way of the view ?

Just my opinion

Scalachi wrote: »
    @CliveJ re the SW3

If you have to wear it like a watch, you may be at a disadvantew to a fastime as they come with adjustable elasticated straps that you can put up your forearm, that way while holding the rifle, you can still instantly the the time countup/countdown.

With a normal watch, you will either have it facing away from you or facing towards you but the gun may be in the way of the view ?

Just my opinion

Comes with a web type velcro strap will be able to extend it if I have to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

Lemon3 wrote: »

No that's the wrong one
    It has minutes, seconds and 100's you need the version without the 100's as those extra digits take up to much of the display

clivej wrote: »
    No that's the wrong one
    It has minutes, seconds and 100's you need the version without the 100's as those extra digits take up to much of the display

Well it's the one i've been using for the last five years or so and most of the guys in my club have the same. I don't mind the 1/100ths as it is still a huge display and i can time my details to perfection :)

Not sure about the one you just ordered as the side buttons might be difficult to activate, especially when holding a loaded gun.

No that's the wrong one
    Lemon3 wrote: »
    Well it's the one i've been using for the last five years or so and most of the guys in my club have the same. I don't mind the 1/100ths as it is still a huge display and i can time my details to perfection :)

Not sure about the one you just ordered as the side buttons might be difficult to activate, especially when holding a loaded gun.

I had the one you use and didn't like it for the reason I said above. Horses for Courses really.

If that yoke I ordered is as good it will be OK. And the digits should stand out better on the dayglow background. Top button - side button can't see it making any difference.

I had the one you use and didn't like it for the reason I said above. Horses for Courses really.

If that yoke I ordered is as good it will be OK. And the digits should stand out better on the dayglow background. Top button - side button can't see it making any difference.

CliveJ, the OP asked what was the make of the watch used in Gallery and It is usually the same one I use and provided the link to. It is favoured for the top mounted buttons for a reason, as it only requires one finger to start it. I've never seen anyone using what you are suggestion so you will be the tester. :D

Clive is well known for testing new ideas out,you should see his kit,i have to say it seems to work well for him!:D

i ordered one of the maxpo kitchen timers for a start as its only $3.90 all in shipped from ebay,ill use it when doing r.o and shooting if i feel i need to get the fastime stopwatch ill get it in the future

bazza888 wrote: »
    i ordered one of the maxpo kitchen timers for a start as its only $3.90 all in shipped from ebay,ill use it when doing r.o and shooting if i feel i need to get the fastime stopwatch ill get it in the future

That stopwatch was posted out today so i should have early next week.

See ya Sunday.
    Are you at HH on Saturday if so we'll get some more practice in

will be there sat for a few shots allright!

• Advertisement

Fastime watch arrived today and I'm very happy with it. Good BIG digits with a glowing background so it's easy to read. Easy to press the start/stop button.

I just have to add a Velcro extension strap (not hard to do) so it will fit around my arm when wearing a jacket. Not so big that you can't wear it for everyday use.

2F54F78A-672C-4707-B021-72577C45B961-341-0000005AA43E9B28_zpscdfcab35.jpg

Cheapest place in I could find them in Ireland & the Uk is Murray mootorsport in Greenhills just of the Walkinstown roundabout, they are actually rally navigators watches !

I was looking at Liffy Fishing's timer on Saturday and at the price it's hard to beat.

I used my Fastime Timer yesterday and it is as good as the other timer IMO. I used it for shooting a couple of T&P1's and RO detail duties it does the job well.

Advertisement