Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Kerry Cycle Advice

Options
  • 17-03-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Just looking for advice, with the days getting a bit longer. Would I too late to start training for this years cycle. And if not, what sort of mileage would i need to be doing? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Id say you are better off posting in the cycling forum but no its definitly not too late. Last year I did very little training and I was grand. Start off small doing 10-15 mile cycles and gradually bring yourself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Their is a very active thread on the Ring of Kerry right here in our cyling forum where you could post for more detailed advice.

&

The Ring of Kerry website has a 'Training Tips' section right here also :)

Happy Cycling!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tourman

http://www.ringofkerrycycle.ie/training.php I used this template the first time I did the ROK and I hadn't cycled in 25 years. Try not to miss to many on the schedule but don't over do it either. The rest days are as important as the days you cycle. Its a fantastic event with no end of encouragement.

Advertisement