Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 3), Mar 18-19, 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Going to get tore a new one by SPA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Going to get tore a new one by SPA.

At least you wont get gunmen from the RIRA attending your game. ;)

On a side note, its a disgrace by the LOI appointing Neil Doyle as ref. A self confessed Shamrock Rovers fan, programme seller and was a paid up member of the 400 club. Beyond belief. Get Buttimer or some other clown to do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

bohsboy wrote: »
    On a side note, its a disgrace by the LOI appointing Neil Doyle as ref. A self confessed Shamrock Rovers fan, programme seller and was a paid up member of the 400 club. Beyond belief. Get Buttimer or some other clown to do it.

Amazing what people like to believe.

--Over 60% more yellow cards for Rovers than the opposition .
    --50% more red cards for Rovers than the opposition
    --4 times more penalties against Rovers than for Rovers. He hasn't awarded Rovers a penalty since 2009.

Lump on a red card or penalty when he's refereeing Rovers.

Rovers tickets available for the Connaught St end.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

dfx- wrote: »
    Rovers tickets available for the Connaught St end.

Some guy on our forum saying they're not for the Connaught.

• Advertisement

One day till Rovers :)

Tickets can be bought on the day for anyone interested...

It'd be strange if it was the Connaught St end alright. Extra policing/turnstiles/stewards for 50-100 people.

Wonder if the pitch will make much impact. It didn't badly affect Rovers on Friday until Pats threw on about 25 midfielders and Chambers went off.

Connaught

*shudder*

--4 times more penalties against Rovers than for Rovers. He hasn't awarded Rovers a penalty since 2009.

Shamrock Rovers fan - fact.
    Programme seller RDS/Tolka - fact
    Member of 400 club - fact.

Surely to avoid any hassle he'd be better off being allocated elsewhere.
    I know the guy. Nice fella all the same.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Performances in both games so far make me wary of a trip to Bray.

For me Tommy Dunne is not getting the best out of our talented midfield trio. Dunleavy is big miss at right back as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Performances in both games so far make me wary of a trip to Bray.

For me Tommy Dunne is not getting the best out of our talented midfield trio. Dunleavy is big miss at right back as well.

Would be pleased with point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Well that would imply he's overcompensating so as not to be accused of being biased. Bottom line is that a Shamrock Rovers fan should not be refereeing a Shamrock Rovers match. Surely somebody else could do it?

I know a young lad who's a Bohs fan who's moving up the referee ladder (has run the line in 1st Division, and 4th Official in Prem).

He's been told he can no longer attend Bohs matches, and I don't think he's been allocated Bohs matches to be 4th Official at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tuesday will be rape in Inchicore!

This is a joke.....every post being deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tuesday will be rape in Inchicore!

We need a win, we have a new style and Rovers stopped it. Cant allow it to happen again.

prolly be deleted......

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We need a win, we have a new style and Rovers stopped it. Cant allow it to happen again.

prolly be deleted......

Delete.....you mentioned rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Delete.....you mentioned rovers.

dont mind deleted posts on this forum, we are all retards when it comes to football (especially us LOI fans)

At least say why they are deleted.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    dont mind deleted posts on this forum, we are all retards when it comes to football (especially us LOI fans)

At least say why they are deleted.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XmTV62mE1PA

There have been no posts deleted in this thread. Further back seat moderation, the discussion of and debating of moderation in thread will see warnings issued and associated bans where necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Lads I have no idea if there was posts deleted or not but I hope there wasn't. It'd be a shame if the preview to the biggest game in Irish football was marred by heavy handed moderating :pac: Tomorrow, or today technically, will be a huge derby. It'll be the first time in a while where Rovers are coming in to Dalyer fearing nothing and Bohs are on form against Rovers and will also be fearing nothing. It will be the epitome of big games of Irish football. Huge crowd, great atmosphere, end to end football.

Hopefully at the end of the day we will be talking about the result not some idiot's, or idiots', actions during the game.

"You got the power to know, you're indestructible"

I think some Rovers fans went into the game too confident in 2011 where Finn got the 94th minute equaliser.

0-0 for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How much are student tickets for the game today?

And also,

Why the hell aren't all the games on today instead of tomorrow?

This is only an Irish bank holiday so there is no UK Sports on at all to keep people away. Such cluelessness by the FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

SantryRed wrote: »
    And also,

Why the hell aren't all the games on today instead of tomorrow?

This is only an Irish bank holiday so there is no UK Sports on at all to keep people away. Such cluelessness by the FAI.

+1

I guess having the games today would of been sensible thing to do something FAI can't do to save their life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

At least they have afternoon games set for Easter Monday and the May Bank Holiday. Before, they used to have them played on the day immediately after or on the previous Tuesday.

SantryRed wrote: »
    How much are student tickets for the game today?

Tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Decided that due tp a lack of a hangover, I shall go to the match today. Should hopefully be fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Off to the match now. Head says 4-0 Bohs, the heart says 6-4 Bohs. :D

• Advertisement

Strange line-up from Rovers.

No McCabe, Finn or Kilduff.

Why not play 3 of your best players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Bit off topic but what time does The Square in Tallaght open until for parking on match nights?

Hope someone took advice:pac:

This the Rovers-fan ref?

lol, the paranoid Bohs fans are funny.

lol, the paranoid Bohs fans are funny.

Tell that to the player stretchered off.
    Would you be happy with a Bohs fan and club member reffing the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Shamrock Rovers fan - fact.
    Programme seller RDS/Tolka - fact
    Member of 400 club - fact.

Surely to avoid any hassle he'd be better off being allocated elsewhere.
    I know the guy. Nice fella all the same.:rolleyes:

OK Benitez.

• Advertisement

"Big" Dublin derby finished 0-0.

City's win on Friday looking better now.

What did Rovers fans think or their line-up?

Worst. Game. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

BOHtox wrote: »
    Lads I have no idea if there was posts deleted or not but I hope there wasn't. It'd be a shame if the preview to the biggest game in Irish football was marred by heavy handed moderating :pac: Tomorrow, or today technically, will be a huge derby. It'll be the first time in a while where Rovers are coming in to Dalyer fearing nothing and Bohs are on form against Rovers and will also be fearing nothing. It will be the epitome of big games of Irish football. Huge crowd, great atmosphere, end to end football.

Hopefully at the end of the day we will be talking about the result not some idiot's, or idiots', actions during the game.

"You got the power to know, you're indestructible"

Drunk posting to the max!

Very disappointed not to win but I suppose a good point against supposed title challengers.

Alias G wrote: »
    OK Benitez.

OK Kegel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Match was fairly crap, neither team did anything of note. Rovers were comfortable even after the sending off and just wanted the draw. Bohs were fairly spineless. Didnt make for much entertainment. But sure good to go to.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Also disappointed we didn't win. Thought we were the better side throughout. Some really late/clumsy tackles from Rovers, especially in the first half. Hope Lyons isn't out for too long. Scully is ****e.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Also disappointed we didn't win. Thought we were the better side throughout. Some really late/clumsy tackles from Rovers, especially in the first half. Hope Lyons isn't out for too long. Scully is ****e.

I've seen some truly awful players play for Shels, especially in 2007, but I'm pretty sure Scully is the worst player I have ever seen. He ruined every half chance Bohs looked like creating today.

It was an awful match not helped by a very poor surface at Dalymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

OK Kegel

HaHa, don't need myself :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Quality wise, it wasn't the most spectacular of games to watch. Thought we looked the better side though. Pity we didn't make the most of the extra man when Rovers went down to ten but any sort of result I'll take as a positive.

Scully spear heading our attack is something I do not like though. He's utter shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That_Guy wrote: »
    Quality wise, it wasn't the most spectacular of games to watch. Thought we looked the better side though. Pity we didn't make the most of the extra man when Rovers went down to ten but any sort of result I'll take as a positive.

Scully spear heading our attack is something I do not like though. He's utter shíte.

And that dive in the second half from Scully was an absolute disgrace. Hope AC tore strips out of him for that. Has the grace of a turnip. I'll take the point but Rovers were there to be beaten today.

Only saving grace was seeing Billy Dennehy predictably losing his sh*t as usual, never fails to make me happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lyons needs to really cut that bollocks out of his game. Got booked in Cork for the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Bohs woeful in attack. Good defending though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Went to Bohs match today - their young left full is a quality player - number 15; Luke something.
    What a terrible team selection by Rovers - with management like that they're not going to get within an asses roar of the title.
    And yeah, that number 12 for Bohs (Scully) is brutal.

born2bwild wrote: »
    their young left full is a quality player - number 15; Luke something.

Byrne.

• Advertisement
Advertisement