Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name change

Options
  • 17-03-2013 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭

I'm probably being impatient, but when I click on a link that will tell me how to change my username it says I don't have permission to access.:(
    Or do you guys do it from here?
    Anyways can you change it to Skill Magill
    I have subscribed by the way
    Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi there eoing1.

If your subscription is up to date, then access the Subscriber's forum that MarkMc linked to above and start a new thread in there with a subject line of "Please change my boards.ie username"

To save you from choosing names which are already in use, I would highly recommend that you view and search the Member's List. The "Search Members" utility is over to the right hand side of the screen, a few lines down from the letter Z in the alphabet bar. Click in there and a pop-up box will appear aptly named "Search Members" with "Go" button ready to process your search.

Enter the username you want to change your current username to, and hit "Go" to review the results. It is possible that your desired new username is used within another name. This will not affect your choice unless the exact name is in use.

For example, you might want to change your name to "Runner" but when you search, the only result that comes back is "Runners". Part of your desired username is in use, but because the exact username "Runner" is not presently registered, it would be yours for the taking.

Using the Member's List, along with the "Search Members" is a very fast and handy way for boards.ie Subscribers to check what usernames are in use, and what is not a registered boards.ie username at the time you checked.

If you enter the username you want to change your name to, and it is free for the taking, the result will read: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Bingo. That's all you need to see. As soon as you see that, it's off to the Subscriber's forum to post your username change request to one of the site administrators for processing.

I hope the above is of use.

Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Thanks for that folks, didn't see those replies till now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement