Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Traders Grant

Options
  • 17-03-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I've heard a roumer that the government are giving grants and tax incentives to people that trade online.. (ie internet marketers).

This is a great idea because online traders bring money from all over the world into the country. It's basically a type of export without all the overheads.

I was wondering if anyone had any more information on this new grant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Money for online Marketers - First I've heard of it...!

I know that ei and ent boards back internet companies and there is the very large/generouis eBMI programme but its not for internet marketing, its for businesses.

Resellers are hard to back, affiliates more so. But qualifying indigenous businesses who build/"value-add" their own products can avail of different supports for increasing online sales. the ebmi programme requires a million in exports to qualify.

There are also funds like the competitive startup fund and the female competitive startup fund (€10k higher) and the iGap programme. There's also New Frontiers etc.

Just backing any ecommerce store, web designer or online motor factors is dangerous and would cost billions (although its been done before)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Probably that jerkoff Disruptive Reforms idea to get 2000 new businesses trading online by 2014. Apparently there's a 2500 Euro voucher. The timeframes are all wrong and designed to propagate the fecktard, slow decision taking process of a bunch of people who last saw the picture of the web in a 1995 copy of Dot.ie magazine. It is aimed at SMEs - something quite ridiculous when much of the growth of the Irish market is driven by Sole Traders. The people behind this haven't a clue about the Irish webscape.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    Probably that jerkoff Disruptive Reforms idea to get 2000 new businesses trading online by 2014. Apparently there's a 2500 Euro voucher. The timeframes are all wrong and designed to propagate the fecktard, slow decision taking process of a bunch of people who last saw the picture of the web in a 1995 copy of Dot.ie magazine. It is aimed at SMEs - something quite ridiculous when much of the growth of the Irish market is driven by Sole Traders. The people behind this haven't a clue about the Irish webscape.

Regards...jmcc

€2,500 should go far...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jockcass

Anyone know if this can still be applied for & if so how to do it ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement