Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felled tree for firewood

Options
  • 17-03-2013 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im looking for some lumber to season for next years firewood. I dont mind chainsawing it up and splitting it myself. Anyone know a good source for wood? or even a cheapish source of logs?

Like I say, ill stack and store them for year so being green wood is fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jack180570

Hi Mawk... how much are you looking for?
    Coillte or one of the forestry management companies are probably your best bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

You can't fell trees until nesting season is over.

http://www.teagasc.ie/forestry/advice/felling_licences.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Cut down loads of woody shrubs last summer , friend was meant to take away and chop up for his mom but sick of waiting for him so you're more than welcome to take them. Am in togher area
    mawk wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Im looking for some lumber to season for next years firewood. I dont mind chainsawing it up and splitting it myself. Anyone know a good source for wood? or even a cheapish source of logs?

Like I say, ill stack and store them for year so being green wood is fine

Advertisement