Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humax Foxsat HDR

Options
  • 17-03-2013 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to use an 8x1 Diseqc Switch with a Humax Foxsat HDR and if so how please?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

I have the HDR, but I'm not sure what is supported. If it says DiSEqC 1.1, then yes, it will do up to a 16x switch.
    I only use mine for Freesat, with Raydon's Software for streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

excollier wrote: »
    I have the HDR, but I'm not sure what is supported. If it says DiSEqC 1.1, then yes, it will do up to a 16x switch.

Hi Excollier,

I cant seem to find 1.1 on it; dosent look good :(

Bumpty bump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

iba wrote: »
    Bumpty bump :)

You might have more more luck on the Humax forums -

There was a good wiki a few years ago that my help as well:

http://foxsat-hdr.wikispaces.com/DiSEqC

evilivor wrote: »
    You might have more more luck on the Humax forums -

There was a good wiki a few years ago that my help as well:

http://foxsat-hdr.wikispaces.com/DiSEqC

Thanks - I actually found that page the other day when I was googling - thats how I did it before when I had a 4x1 diseqc - now I have an 8x1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

iba wrote: »
    Thanks - I actually found that page the other day when I was googling - thats how I did it before when I had a 4x1 diseqc - now I have an 8x1

Well then the Humax forums are your friend - what they don't know ain't worth knowing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Foxsat HDR supports DiSEqC 1.0 & 1.2, according to the manual, no 1.1 support.

8-way switches can work with 1.2, if I'm not mistaken. How you'd go about setting it up on the HDR is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭joeaverage

Is it workable to connect a Saorsat dish and 28.2 east to a Humax box and have PVR function on both sets of channels. If so, how does the EPG handle the non Freesat channels?

I'm sure this has been answered here before. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Willby

I have the HDR,
    Hi, I have had the Foxsat for a few years now and am about to flash it with Raydon's media bundle version 4.08 which I believe is the latest version.
    Can you advise if it is relatively straightforward. I have printed off the readme text to guide me.

Willby wrote: »
    Hi, I have had the Foxsat for a few years now and am about to flash it with Raydon's media bundle version 4.08 which I believe is the latest version.
    Can you advise if it is relatively straightforward. I have printed off the readme text to guide me.

Yes it is totally straight forward and I recommend it

• Advertisement

The latest version is 4.1.1, make sure yo use that version. And get the set-top patch to keep your HD recordings un-encrypted.
    Have a thorough read here to get the best from your HDR,a fantastic bit of kit, no doubts.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1747997-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-4-a.html

The latest version is 4.1.1, make sure yo use that version. And get the set-top patch to keep your HD recordings un-encrypted.
    Have a thorough read here to get the best from your HDR,a fantatic bit of kit, no doubts.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1747997-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-4-a.html
    Hi,
    Yes just checked and what I have downloaded is 4.1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

joeaverage wrote: »
    Is it workable to connect a Saorsat dish and 28.2 east to a Humax box and have PVR function on both sets of channels. If so, how does the EPG handle the non Freesat channels?

I'm sure this has been answered here before. Thanks in advance.

No EPG information on non freesat channels when using Raydon's firmware.

Have a thorough read here to get the best from your HDR,a fantastic bit of kit, no doubts.

Hi,
    I have successfully flashed my Humax with 4.1.1 and have installed the web interface etc on my PC. I can see all my Humax scheduled recordings, media files etc on my pc.
    Is it possible however to work in reverse and see my photos ( Located on my Pc ) etc via the Humax and displayed on my tv. If yes then how do I set this up?

I don't think that's possible. The HDR with Raydon's software is a server not a client.

I don't think that's possible. The HDR with Raydon's software is a server not a client.

I half suspected that might be the case. Where do I get the patch to which you referred earlier to keep HD recordings uncrypted.? Thanks.

Advertisement