Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying tickets from gumtree/donedeal etc

Options
  • 17-03-2013 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hi, I wouldnt ordinarily do this but getting 2 Beyonce tickets would get me serious brownie points. There are some for sale on these sites but how do I know they are genuine or not? Would people even have physical tickets yet for this gig, or just email comfirmations? Dont want to get burned on this, any tips from seasoned concert goers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

bmwguy wrote: »
    Hi, I wouldnt ordinarily do this but getting 2 Beyonce tickets would get me serious brownie points. There are some for sale on these sites but how do I know they are genuine or not? Would people even have physical tickets yet for this gig, or just email comfirmations? Dont want to get burned on this, any tips from seasoned concert goers?

You don't, they will tell you at the entrance if they are not genuine. Cousin of mine bought 3 different sets of tickets from Done Deal, 2 sets were fake, and the other concert was cancelled with the guy he bought them from becoming unreachable.

There is nothing at all that could tell you that they are fakes, the good fake ones look identical, the barcodes are just wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

I found an ebay seller called ticket-wiz with thousands of positive feedbacks, they are a registered company in uk. Has anyone dealt with them before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Try toutless.com

Much more genuine than eBay/donedeal sellers and cost price too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I find that people who give you receipts to prove they purchased them and forward the ticket confirmation email are always genuine but that's just from my experience and also give you their address.

If they refuse to give any of the above if you ask I would avoid them like the plague.

As with regards to fakes I don't think anyone has a machine pumping out fakes unless it's ticketfast of course as you can print them over and over.Always avoid them myself.

Just think it's people with no conscience cancelling hardcopy tickets if they are selling that form of ticket and getting duplicates issued which they collect on the night at the box office and use them themselves or also original purchaser losing or having tickets stolen which person who has them sells on knowing damn well they are worthless as will most likely be cancelled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement