Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom is a bit of a mess isn't it?

Options
  • 17-03-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭

1) Our internet keeps dropping connection. The wifi bars on my laptop will be full but my dropbox icon will tell me I've logged out due to no connection. Obviously nothing will load. The lights on our box will be on and wont' be flashing indicating that our internet is fine. 
    This happens four or five times a day. Our box is the one in the picture.

vodafone_station.JPG

2) I haven't been able to log into the website for months now. It tells me that there appears to be a problem. If I ask for a new password, I get an email with a link that sends me back to the login page. Completely ridiculous. 

3) When I could log in, I couldn't use the sports hub. I'm on Mac OSX 10.8.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Mars Bar wrote: »
    1) Our internet keeps dropping connection. The wifi bars on my laptop will be full but my dropbox icon will tell me I've logged out due to no connection. Obviously nothing will load. The lights on our box will be on and wont' be flashing indicating that our internet is fine. 

2) I haven't been able to log into the website for months now. It tells me that there appears to be a problem. If I ask for a new password, I get an email with a link that sends me back to the login page. Completely ridiculous. 

Hi Mars Bar,

I have being going through your previous cases, and ran some new tests.

The telephone line is testing perfectly.

The broadband speed is showing steady to the main socket:

Synced at: 16610kbps
    Provisioned: 17408kbps

Do you have an eircom modem that you can set up temporarily to see if the problem continues?

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I had the exact same problem on my mac, pc worked ok-ish, phones kept dropping wifi too but nothing as problematic as the mac, it led me to believe it was an issue with my wifi card in my laptop... 

got the card replaced same problem existed....almost threw in the towel when somebody finally replied "if you have an eircom router try changing it"

i bought a new router and voila problem gone. it was the eircom router causing the issues. for whatever reason it wouldn't hold the connection on my mac even though the router was showing no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thanks for the replies. 

I could get a hold of another modem. We have a few but they are old I'm not sure if one of them is Eircom. 

Anything about the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Thanks for the replies. 

I could get a hold of another modem. We have a few but they are old I'm not sure if one of them is Eircom. 

I too have been locked out of it for months, i just don't use it anymore and have gone back to paying bills in the post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks for the replies. 

Hi Mars Bar,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you,

Can you let me know when you get a chance to set up an eircom modem.

Can you please PM me with the e-mail address you used to register / login into my eircom.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement