Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in Canada

Options
  • 17-03-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Money to burn eh? :P

I jest, good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

Hi Phoenix,

Im moving back to Ireland in september to go to college, mainly because i couldnt afford to go here, but could you tell me the application process for getting into college here? if you dont mind! what sort of money are you talk to go to college, and are there interviews or anything like that? also when did you apply? are there deadlines? sorry to not answer your question!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭a posse ad esse

I am currently studying in Montreal at McGill University. I am not paying foreign fees (thank goodness). Montreal is the cheapest city to be a foreign student in all of North America but it can still be very expensive. I know people who are forking well over 30,000$/year.

Although Calgary has plenty of jobs and the biggest economic boom in Canada it also has one of the highest costs of living in the country. So really research the living costs along with your tuition, fees and books. Also you are going to have to invest in good winter clothing. My husband and I spent over 2,000$ on winter clothes and gear for us and the children. It gets FREEZING over here.

I don't think you can go undergraduate part-time being a foreign student. From what I have heard Immigration Canada doesn't allow it unless you are enrolled in a graduate programme.

Advertisement