Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a comeback: 2013-beating Lance Armstrong

Options
  • 17-03-2013 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I've read so many running related training blogs, some really engrossing ones too. I've decided to make things more formal and make my own one now.

Background: Am about to turn 25 and have already completed one marathon(DCM2011 in 3:20:48). I didn't have a running background and just jumped into training 12 weeks prior to it(August 2011). I got injured for almost half that time but managed to recover in time and have a good experience. Beginners luck? Maybe.

2012 got off to an incredible start, I saw huge performance jumps and thought nothing could possibly go wrong. I had 4 great months after DCM2011. Suddenly I started getting injuries, particularly the hamstrings. I became my own worst enemy and couldn't run for most of last year in the end. I started running on the threadmill in December and stopped just over a week ago because I had enough, it didn't feel natural.

I got a pair of Brooks adrenaline runners last week and have used them 3 times so far OUTDOORS. They are amazing. I also got "the GRID, Trigger Pt foam roller" and I think it will be a life support for my running. I don't feel any niggles at all at the moment which is rare for me.

These are the runs I've done so far since I switched runners and left the "dreadmill";

3/14/13:6.62 miles in 0:46:38(7.03mm)
    3/16/13:10.25 miles in 1:10:05(6.50mm)
    3/17/13: 9.10 miles in 1:08:28 (7.31mm)

I felt relaxed after these runs and found them easier than similar runs that I've done on a threadmill. The first one didn't require much effort but even still, I was really nervous starting out so I used alot of energy from worrying.

Yesterdays was great fun, really nice weather and felt effortless too.
    Today was grand but I'll have to get used to running in poor weather again.

Overall I'm really happy with what I've done so far. I just want to concentrate on getting time on my feet for a while before I start doing anything fast and tough.

I'm doing DCM this year as my 2nd marathon. I've set myself a challenge to better Lance Armstrongs pb of 2:46:43 which he got in his 2nd marathon. It should be slightly less demanding than going sub 2:45 at least.

Feel free to chat to me/give your thoughts etc. I can see from looking at other logs here that there is a strong network of support and encouragement among boardsies. Would like to be part of that too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Wow that was a great first marathon! Aiming at 2:46 puts you well out of my league ;) Best of luck. By the sounds of things the biggest problem you'll have will be staying injury free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 iliketorun

Cheers career-move. Congrats on becoming the 1st poster to my log :D. Hows your training going? you going to do DCM this year too?
    Getting injured is always at the back of my mind. It will be a challenge staying healthy but I can only do my best.

Today: I was eager to go out and run fast today but restrained myself. Just did core work and stretching in the gym instead. Will go out tomorrow for a run. I think I should be doing alot more miles close to 8mm pace so I can be consistent without risking injury. Hopefully this will help me increase my endurance too. I'm going to stay below marathon pace(6:20mm) till end of this month too.

Today I did 7.6 miles in 59:06(7:47mm).
    Started out a bit fast as I wanted to warm up. Was a sleet shower when I started and was so cold. Lasted 20 minutes. Hands were frozen for the first half of the run and then just suddenly warmed up.
    The most important thing I took away from the run was that crap weather can help prepare you for the worst, and you will appreciate running in nice sunny, calm and warm weather. At least it wasn't windy today, I think wind is the worst element. Feel great now for getting out and facing the weather and running safely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

When you say you jumped in 12 weeks before DCM, were you fit from other sports? Did you follow a specific training plan? Bear in mind that Lance Armstrong was incredibly ''fit'' embarking on his 2nd Marathon! I wish you the best of luck but learn from your previous mistakes, if you need to build up slower, then do so. There are plenty of sub 3 guys on this forum that will offer excellent advice, just make sure you listen to them ;)

Today: 8.55 miles in 56:55(6:39mm).
    To be honest it was tougher than I expected. Had a stinging sensation on left buttock and behind my right knee(between hamstring and calf). I slowed down a bit in the end. Didn't help that some of the footpaths were muddy either. Is the fastest pace run I'll do this week.

Digger2d2: I was fit from cycling almost everywhere I went(most of the time with a heavy rucksack). I was never into any other sports whatsoever, I was the kind of person who spent loads of time studying. At least the cycling and healthy diet kept me fit. I didn't have any plan going into the marathon. I ran when I felt like it and everytime I trained I pushed myself as hard as I could.

Theres a few people here that I intend to contact. I'm hoping this log will give people an understanding of what stage I'm at, and my overall state. Then I will seek help at the end of this month. Thanks digger and anyone else reading this, hope you achieve your goals too

• Advertisement

4.09 miles in 30:34(7:29mm).
    I wanted to do 10 miles at 7:10mm today but had to stop because my right hamstring hurt, right behind the knee. Got plenty of stretching and core work done today though.
    To be honest, having to stop the run was really annoying. I was thinking, should I just close this log and delete my account? I don't like letting people down though. I got a nice reply from a comment I left on a blog(not on boards) that encouraged me not to give up hope.
    Am going to book an appointment with physio to check what is wrong. I am going to start running with the club from monday evening. Running on my own just isn't working out. Will have to learn how to run properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

iliketorun wrote: »
    4.09 miles in 30:34(7:29mm).
    I wanted to do 10 miles at 7:10mm today but had to stop because my right hamstring hurt, right behind the knee. Got plenty of stretching and core work done today though.
    To be honest, having to stop the run was really annoying. I was thinking, should I just close this log and delete my account? I don't like letting people down though. I got a nice reply from a comment I left on a blog(not on boards) that encouraged me not to give up hope.
    Am going to book an appointment with physio to check what is wrong. I am going to start running with the club from monday evening. Running on my own just isn't working out. Will have to learn how to run properly
    Looking at you first few posts you seem to be in a bit of a hurry, running is all about patience, if I was you I would but your goal time for Dublin on the back burner, concentrate on running easy miles for a couple of months at least, building up a base before you start thinking about faster miles and goal times. Boring I know but building up slowly will but your risk of injury and even mental burnout to a minimum. Good luck anyway

I'm very very impatient I know. I have to go easy until the summer but for the next few weeks though, I need a break. I have hamstring tendonitis and ITBS. Was surprised to find that out today. The next time I go for a run though, I won't be alone I'm committed to running with others from now on.
    In the mean time I'm going to concentrate on strength training. I'll be using the jacuzzi and sauna alot more in the gym too, that should help a bit. I'll go for regular walks/cycles. The physio will also give me more dry needling over next few weeks. I guess I'll make a new training blog someday, I'll continue to just look at other peoples blogs and try and learn something from them before I make a return.
    Take care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Huayra

Been a while since I've posted here, then again I have been lurking around. Most recently enjoyed the incredible race reports from VLM.

I decided to change my name lol, I just felt like something different. Makes sense since I'm trying to change paths and get off the backwards road of injury :cool:

Been doing lots of workouts on step machine, loads of core work too. Managed 10 minute plank last week and thats been my best non-running, physical achievement so far.

I started running last week. I didn't join a club but met a running meetup group. Was very relaxing as I went along with the pace they were going. It meant doing short snappy strides and hardly broke a sweat. Is a nice little group which is much closer to home than any athletics club. Why did I procrastinate joining a club/group for so long :rolleyes:

Yesterday was a great day(not just the weather). I went to a chi-running workshop nearby. It was amazing to meet a world class athlete, and be thought how to run properly. It turns out that I am a heel striker. I'm glad I found this out. I will be practicing the chi methods from now on. I will have to run at a slower pace than I'm used to, in order to become efficient at it. This means that I won't be jumping back in and doing 9-10mph all the time. As Catherina said, speed is a by product of good running form.

I do intend on joining an athletics club, but also want to run with the meetup groups as you are in good company. I can't think of anything else at the moment, accept that its good to be back

I am finished my summer exams in 9 days, and have decided to start running with a club the following week. Am in a dilemma about which club to join though. Finding a club in the Dun Laoghaire area makes detecting the Higgs Boson look easy :rolleyes:. I know that there is Cabinteely and Blackrock. Unfortunately Cabinteely caters for the juvenile age group. I sent an email to Blackrock AC a few days ago and haven't got reply yet. Then yesterday I went onto their facebook page and it looks like its the same as Cabinteely.

I intend to get a job this summer, so realistically, I'll be looking for the nearest clubs to me after work. Bray seems like the best option. They have training sessions in Shanganagh Park at 6.30pm. This is the easiest place for me to cycle to from home(20-25 mins). But I'm also thinking; what if I get a job near another club? I could go there staight after work without any inconvenience.

Does anyone have any advice about joining clubs(especially looking for a club while looking for job at same time)? Could I try different clubs for one training sessions and see how I get on? I'm happy to pay for individual sessions if its required. I probably have to wait and see where I get a job before committing myself to a particular club.

All advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm eager to take running seriously but the social side of it is also really appealing :cool:

• Advertisement

Have only run 3 times in the past 2 months apart from the day I did the chi-running course, but am still having trouble with aches and pains. The easy running I've done has been really fun, wasn't boring at all because I was with nice people. Weird thing is I have barely broken a sweat after these runs and breathing has been very relaxed too. Yet for some reason I'm in pain the next day. Maybe not so much after the one I did a few days before the chi-running, but the 2 most recent ones I was in alot of pain the next days. I can't make sense of this, when the running was minimal effort. Depression and anxiety levels are sky high at the moment so that doesn't help. Legs haven't been right for 14 months now. Could I have some underlying problem or something? Should I go get a test done?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Give me a shout and I'll put you touch with someone at Bray. You can always pop along for a few obligation free sessions. Good luck with the training.

First ever club session in just 2 days. Am really excited. Hopefully I'll be joining them but it also depends where I get my job. I want to be able to attend all the sessions if I become a member. I am really curious to see how an an AC does things.
    Haven't run since Wednesday last week so should be in reasonable shape. Started taking voltoral as an anti-inflammatory for the legs.
    Thanks beepbeep67 for the recommendation

Finally got my first ever club run in. Is a milestone for sure. Enjoyed it. It was a 4km tempo run in Shanganagh park which is a really nice place. I can't wait to explore it more and do some more runs there. I did the first 2 and a bit km at a comfortable pace(5min/km) and averaged 3:45m/km for last 2. Was a fast pace but wasn't holding it for long enough for it to beat me up lol. The atmosphere was very friendly and the organiser knew my name as soon as I arrived so that was a nice welcome. I'll do another run next sunday in the park and hope to meet some more of the club.

Rewinding back to this morning, I was in the gym doing some strengthening/stretching exercises and saw a flyer. It said "Want to win the Dublin City Marathon 2013", or something like that. There was a sign up sheet beside it and I decided to put my details down. It says 16 weeks training, meeting every Tuesday from next week. I think that this a great oportunity to get some additional help with my running. I think the "win" part is metaphorical or something. For me it will help with my "win" against depression etc.

I'm going to see how I get on over the next 2 months at least. I can always look at 10k/HM distances if I start struggling. I don't see this training log as a failure as I plan to keep it going until I eventually do get 2:46 and below in the marathon, however long that is.

Got a decent run in this morning in the Shanganagh park. About 55 minutes at a decent pace. I don't know the distance. I'm just happy to be able to run a few days a week even if my mileage is so very much lower than most runners. Most of the running was on grass where the impact on the legs is more forgiving. Was great fun exploring the park as it is new territory for me. I can see myself doing alot of running there. I'll be back next thursday.
    Until then, I'm going to start the marathon programme that the gym is organising. I've no idea what it will be like but it will be worth it, I know it. Now its time to ice the hamstring tendons and chill(pun not intended) for a while.

Went to the introduction session to the marathon training program in the gym last night. Is another step towards me getting support with my goals. I'm taking all the help I can find in order to get back on track.
    The programme focuses mostly on nutrition, cross-training, strength and flexibility.
    We were also encouraged to go to weekend sessions in places like Phoenix Park(esp. hills beside Magazine Fort).
    Nutrition is the one thing I've been doing right. I sorted that out a year before I even started running.
    As for cross-training, I do plenty of walking and I get wherever I'm going by bicycle(but cycle slowly). I stopped doing the intense cross training over a month ago because that was beating me up and is another reason I'm still dealing with injuries. Doing stuff like 500-600 floors/hr on step machine regularly, took it's toll. I do have an exercise addiction. When we start doing the cross training(spinning), I will listen to my body. To be honest, the last 5 weeks has been the ONLY time since I started running, that I have genuinely listened to my body and taken care of myself. I haven't run alone or run through any pain at all in the last 5 weeks. I still feel pain next day after runs but am doing everything I'm told.
    I badly need to sort my flexibility out. I don't really have any. Will greatly benefit from that. I have neglected all my upper body apart from abs, so will be interesting to get some work done up there. My arms tremble during and after lifting anything heavy. Maybe getting stronger will help me be a stronger runner when I'm fully recovered.
    So thats my update. To summarise things, I have 2 sources to help me with my running; my gym programme, and Bray AC.

Decided I'm going to officially join Bray runners. If I wait till I get a job before deciding where the best location is, I know I will end up putting it off. I don't want to procrastinate about doing things in life.

Today we did 9 intervals with plenty of warm up, between interval jogs, and warm down running after. All the running was on grass. I'd say the intervals added up to 1.5 miles but thats just a complete guess. I enjoyed the pace, felt slower than my tempo pace but still it was nice to put a bit of speed in. I've never done a session like this before so it is nice to do something different, and sensible too ;). Maybe the pace felt good because of the chi-running workshop I did. I sure hope so. I'm putting alot of effort into getting the correct form. I will need to ask people to look at me run towards them to see if I have stopped the heel striking though. Overall I think things can only get better from now on.

Went to gym and did some of my usual core work/stretches and rolling. Also attended a short core work session thats in the marathon training. Then I did a kettlebell class. It was probably 15-20 minutes, but it was much tougher than I expected. I actually wasn't expecting it to take anything out of me but was sweating alot by the end of it. It felt very anaerobic to me and I don't have any fast twitch muscle fibres :mad:. Was tough on the hamstrings and ITB, but also the groin area. I spent alot of time in steam room/jacuzzi and cold pool after. Is still sore now but I'm not running for a few days anyway.
    I'll give the kettlebells a few more goes in the future but won't be looking to keep up same intensity as rest of class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Huayra wrote: »
    Decided I'm going to officially join Bray runners....

Today we did 9 intervals with plenty of warm up, between interval jogs,

Hey, fair play on joining a club.how do bray organise their sessions? Did everyone do the same session that you did or where different runners doing different sessions according to their ability?

Just wondering as I was thinking of joining a club myself.

Hi DSS, would be great to meet up if your thinking of joining Bray runners. Its still like a mini culture shock for me joining a club so am getting used to it. Have been to 3 sessions so far. On thursdays the coach tells us what to do in the session. There was a warm up and then a 4km tempo(everyone at their own tempo pace) on my first night, then last thursday was the interval session. For that, there were 2 groups. I was in the faster group. I ran the same pace as rest of group but was holding back, but that was fine since I don't want to push myself yet. I went to a session on sunday last week and thats when members get together and run around the park for a longish run, but coach isn't there. There is also a session on tuesdays on Greystones track but I have never gone there yet as it is out of the way for me. I must try sometime though. Good luck with your decision.

• Advertisement

I think I tore my groin and buttock muscles from the kettlebells class yesterday as they are killing me now. I may have to quit the marathon programme in gym and get some help. Already have ITBS and hamstring tendonitis so am really depressed now. I won't be able to run at all for a long time now. I'm going to go down to the sea and am hoping the salt water will help with my recovery. Might work on the tan too if i rest outdoors :cool:. Might be a few weeks before I go to Bray again but best of luck DSS and to anyone else in Bray runners

I went into the sea for first time since xmas 2011. Not a bad day for it at all. I just went in up to my waist though. I have circulation problems so can't handle the cold as much as most people. I will do this regularly, as the minerals in the sea are supposed to be good for you, as well as the coldness. Another benefit to the sea, was that it lowered my anxiety levels greatly. I was having panic attacks just yesterday.
    I went to the physio today. Luckily I didn't do further damage to my hamstrings and IT bands. I didn't tear my buttocks and groins but they are probably experiences DOMS from the kettlebells class. They are still extremely tender and too inflammed to get dry needling done on them, but I may be able to get it done in 7-10 days if needs be.
    I should be able to run then, so if the sea water does help me, along with new groin stretches, I will go to the Bray session on thursday next week.

My groin muscles are back to normal now so I guess things weren't so bad afterall. However, I still have the ITBs and hamstrings to sort out. Feels like a lifetime since I've done any intense exercise(running or cross training). Looking at the beginning of my log, I took a break after 21st March, and since then I have probably done approx 35 miles.

The marathon has been on my mind constantly since I took up running. But now I'm thinking that I will be better off waiting a few years, when I am closer to 30. I am confident that I can go way beyond 2:46 in the marathon in years to come, but if I do DCM this year, I won't be much faster than the 3:20 I got already. I think I fell into the trap that the marathon is the "best" athletic event. But I have decided that I want to work mainly on 10k/10miles and 1/2 marathon distances for the next few years. I really want to see what I can do with the 10k in particular as that is probably my optimal distance.

Back running today and did an 8k tempo run in 34 minutes. Enjoyed it all. I was running on the soft grass in Shanganagh Park. The weather was great and felt nice and warm after the run.

Since my last run 2 weeks ago, I have done 2 sessions on the handbike. It is actually a good aerobic workout, while giving your legs a rest at the same time. Hopefully this will benefit me with my arm movements when running, ie. faster arm movements=faster pace and all that. I don't know if that makes sense. Does anyone want to correct me?

My hamstrings are alot stronger. I do 3 sets of 16 on the leg curl machine. Moved up to 39kg, so am really happy with that. 6 months ago, 20kg was tough.

I have been encouraged to do the Dunshaughlin 10k in a week. I am curious to see what I am like in a race situation again. I want to focus mainly on the 10k for the next few years, so this will be a good starting point. I could do with a confidence boost. I've been avoiding large groups of people for ages, and need to get out of my comfort zone again. Just need to be extra careful with my legs.

Finished the week with a long enough run of 57 minutes. Its good craic going to the Shanganagh Park on Thursdays and Sundays. I finished the run at a very fast pace. Thats what I'd like to do in Dunshaughlin. I'm gradually getting back into things. I'd say I did 15 miles this week.
    I just have one more run to do before then. Thats the Thursday session in the park. I'm going to play it safe in that session as its only 2 days before the race.
    It will be a difficult day but I should be able to do it in 38 minutes. Chi running style will make it easier for me. I will know where I stand after it. It will be my first 10k race. I don't want to do any races beyond 10k for about a year.

Today I did pyramid interval sessions. 2,3,4,6,4,3,2 minutes with rest between them. I'm liking all the different training methods I have started doing since I joined the club. My legs are a bit tight at the moment so am going to do as much stretching as possible between now and Dunshaughlin. I will get in the sea for 20ish minutes tomorrow if weather is as good as today. Seawater does wonders.
    I got MSM powder in health store yesterday. It is supposed to be good as an anti-inflammatory, but also repairs muscles apparently. Is sooooooo much cheaper than going to pharmacy to get a tiny thing of voltarol all the time.
    I'm nervous and a bit scared about saturday. I feel I could do 10k a good bit faster than the pace I did intervals today though so I know I can get a good time. I'll be happy to see my clubmates get the times they want.
    So this is my final post before my report on the 10k. I know my log has been an anti climax so far, but things will hopefully get interesting after saturday, if legs don't seize up

This is a change to what I've been posting here. I finally completed my 2nd ever race, nearly 2 years after I started running. Thanks Dunshaughlin!

Today started off pretty miserable. I was feeling so paranoid about every niggle I had. I almost had a panic attack around midday. I was tempted to give the 10k a miss. I sat outside in sun reading a book for a few hours and that calmed me down. I also did plenty of stretching and tonnes of foam rolling(which is my full-time job these days).

I got into my race gear before 5pm, and suddenly felt much better. I didn't notice much niggling or tightness. I got a lift down with 2 other Bray runners, to Dunshaughlin. We were early, and there was only a couple of people in the race HQ. This put me at ease. I didn't find it as intimidating as the DCM expo in the RDS or the starting area of the marathon. In the end there wasn't a gigantic claustrophic inducing crowd. This was good news for me.

Before the race started, I did a 1 mile warm-up with the 2 guys I came down with. The nerves were building, but they had confidence in me, so I calmed down again.

I lined up at the green starting line. I few rows of people then went in front of me just before the start of the race. There was a shower in the beginning, and I was afraid it could be a slippy and risky start. Eventually the starting horn went off(was it a horn?, I honestly can't remember now). A massive gap opened up straight away. I started off very quickly. I managed to settle into a strong pace when we left the first roundabout, and headed down to the village. I saw krusty_clown pass by me after about 1/2 a mile(I was only introduced to him briefly beforehand in the race HQ). He was still in my sight about 1/5 or 1/4 of the way into the race, maybe 100m ahead. I was aware that I was going much too fast at this stage. I slowed a bit, and got to 3 miles in 17:55. It was tough going, and I knew it would be very difficult to go sub 37. The race was all downhill up until this point.

The next half of the race was a real struggle. It was a steep downhill past the 6km mark. I turned a corner and saw the first hill. I slowed down significantly, but got through it. The woman at the 4 mile mark called out 23:50. From here on, I just wanted to lay on the grass and then walk to the finish. There was girl running beside me from 6km. Naturally I was too out of breath to say anything to her. From 7km to the finish, I heard alot of spectators shouting encouragement at her, that she was the 4th lady by a good distance. I used this as motivation to keep my pace from slipping too much. I imagined myself as the woman in 3rd place :D. I could hear her breathing heavily, to my side and then directly behind me. It was horrible but I managed to hold her off to the finish. I tried to do a sprint finish but I just didn't have it in me. There was a guy 10m in front of me, and when I upped the pace, he did so simultaneously. At least the gap between us didn't open, so I'm happy. I crossed the line with a chip time of 37:43 and 92nd place. I was aiming to get a sub 38, so today was a successful day for me.

I felt like I was drowning for a minute after the race, and lay on the ground for a few seconds. Then I walked over to krusty and some of the other elite boardsies. It started pissing rain and we walked back to the race HQ. I was very impressed by the reception we had there. It was organised so nicely. I chatted to some of the regulars here on boards. I've always been curious to see what people here are like in person, especially when you've been following their logs for a while. I enjoyed that. Good company and a good performance. Not a bad way to spend a saturday night.

My upper legs feel fine now. Its just my calves that are tight and tender. I think I can live with this. I will foam roll them one more time before I go to bed in a bit. I could do with a few Murphys, but I'll wait till tomorrow. I have to have a celebration drink for my return.

I am so glad I joined Bray runners. It was them who encouraged me to do the race today, and they all had lots of faith in me. I probably would have avoided doing any races for a long time without them. I will get help from the club, to get a training plan for 5/10kms. I think I can knock a few minutes off the 10k by the end of the year. Today showed that I haven't lost much fitness. I am already excited about the 5km time-trial with Bray runners next thursday. Will be interesting to see how that goes, I will probably produce an even better performance in that. My mileage at the moment means that I should be able to do well for that distance, compared to 10k. Anyway, I will go to sleep alot happier than I have in over a year tonight.
    Goodnight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Nice to meet you today huarya ;)

Good to meet you too meno, impressive to see all the work you've done over the past few years to get to where you are now. Same with ronnie, kiely and krusty. When you started running, did you ever think you would reach where you are now? This time 2 years ago, I never would have believed running 10k under 40 minutes possible, even if I didn't have injuries along the way.

On a sad note, I think I may need another break. I did not feel any injury pain during the 10k, just lots of fatigue, and calves really tight afterwards.
    Woke up yesterday feeling pain everywhere. Calves still really sore, but hamstrings might be done in again. I think I'll have to give the 5k time trial a miss on thursday. Everywhere on my legs is sore when I foam roll all the muscles. Its so bittersweet because on the Bray runners website, it has a congratulations for me, and that I have a promising season ahead of me. I don't want to let anyone down. There is a free consultation in a local clinic. It is for sports injuries, and available in a few hours. Am going to take advantage of it and see what they say.

• Advertisement

Hi guys. Just wondering if it would be possible for mods to delete this thread as it is irrelevant now. I'm only going to be tempted to come and look here and I'll see what my former goals were. For anyone who followed the log, thanks, and good luck with your running.

Advertisement