Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mag cleaning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Had this issue with some PMags yesterday and in the past too, there is sometimes a little glue holding those small covers in place, you may have to use a little glue dissolver / remover to get the cover free

Also, have you tried turning it the other way (cw) to see if there is any give + are you sure there is not a small screw or bar holding it in place maybe?

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Had this issue with some PMags yesterday and in the past too, there is sometimes a little glue holding those small covers in place, you may have to use a little glue dissolver / remover to get the cover free

Also, have you tried turning it the other way (cw) to see if there is any give + are you sure there is not a small screw or bar holding it in place maybe?

Hope this helps :)
    ill try some glue remover and cw doesnt work either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

ill try some glue remover and cw doesnt work either :(

Hopefully this will work and if not, I'm sure someone has another idea or two and will advise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I had this issue with one of my mags a while back, pushing the tab in a small bit helped, just make sure you don't push it in too far, they break pretty easily. if you still can't clean them just get some warm water in a bucket and throw the mags into it, should get into the spring housing and do its job :)

Would water not rust the spring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Depends on the material they use. Best way to clean a magazine is strip the lot and clean each individual part, then dry it, and for the love of god do not use silicone oil for any part of it, attracts dirt like crazy.

T4RGET wrote: »
    I had this issue with one of my mags a while back, pushing the tab in a small bit helped, just make sure you don't push it in too far, they break pretty easily. if you still can't clean them just get some warm water in a bucket and throw the mags into it, should get into the spring housing and do its job :)
    Thats a good idea I'll try pushing in a little bit tomarrow. Thanks
    Depends on the material they use. Best way to clean a magazine is strip the lot and clean each individual part, then dry it, and for the love of god do not use silicone oil for any part of it, attracts dirt like crazy.
    That's the problem I can't take it apart until this little plate is out and I use abbey products all the time so no worries there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Nah shouldn't. I've done it once or twice now, and opened them in between those times and the springs are grand. Then again I use MAG mid caps, not the ones you link so they may be different

Well lads im giving up now. Iv tried everthing which almost claimed the lives of four mags( I got angry)
    Thanks

Advertisement