Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanently Banned From MMA

Options
  • 17-03-2013 4:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭

I was issued two infractions yesterday for ''trolling'' in the MMA forum. My comments were not trolling, however I can appreciate they may have been considered inflammatory.

I was told not to post in the thread again or I would be banned.

I posted in the thread last night, a perfectly legitimate comment, not inflammatory by any stretch of the imagination.

My issue is

- a permanent ban is a bit excessive punishment for the crime. (two comments deemed out of order, and one incident of flouting of moderator instruction)
    - I had already been punished for the two earlier comments, receiving two infarctions.

I feel the punishment dealt out in this instance is ill befitting the crime and would like a CMod to review.

I also feel that the moderator in question has a personal issue with me; he accused me of being a re-reg in the past and whilst I was cleared of all charges I feel that he still has a chip on his shoulder over this.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed this with the mod who banned you (the first step set out above before you can start a thread here)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

PM'd him but no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Admin

This issue has been reviewed, and as the moderator suspected and which lead to the ban in question, the complainant "supackofidiots" is a re-reg of a banned user.

The original ban is upheld, but is superceded by a siteban for re-reg to avoid a ban.

Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement