Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rathbeggan airsoft

• 17-03-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Hi all, im planning on heading to rathbeggan airsoft for my first skirmish with a few friends, just wanted to know if its any good or would there be a better site near by, im based in cavan so somewhere close would be ideal, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

They have a thread in the sites sub forum. Welcome to airsoft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

andy_g wrote: »
    They have a thread in the sites sub forum. Welcome to airsoft
    Ok thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I'm based in Cavan as well, and I play at the Compound, 10 minutes from Navan. It'd be the closest to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

The Compound is a good site + they have one of these and it's used in some of the game too:

FV432APC.jpg

Here is a link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thecompoundairsoftclub

Hope this helps :)

Thanks guys, will look into the compound:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

Hey Matty , I've been to rathbeggan plenty of times , always had a good day out. It's one of the larger sites that I know of so it can really rack up your nerves walking around waiting for an ambush that can happen at any time, some of the smaller sites can lose this effect because you can see nearly all the game site from most locations.
    Only disadvantage that I can think of is on quiet days a small group of players can limit the actual amount of contact time as they will spend a large portion of the day looking for each other.
    Still have to say great site ( especially on nice sunny days ) with the lakes and village and hedge rows really add to make a nice Western European style battlefield , great for WW2 or Cold War type gaming or just your regular milsim / skirmish.
    Hope this helps.

darren ff wrote: »
    Hey Matty , I've been to rathbeggan plenty of times , always had a good day out. It's one of the larger sites that I know of so it can really rack up your nerves walking around waiting for an ambush that can happen at any time, some of the smaller sites can lose this effect because you can see nearly all the game site from most locations.
    Only disadvantage that I can think of is on quiet days a small group of players can limit the actual amount of contact time as they will spend a large portion of the day looking for each other.
    Still have to say great site ( especially on nice sunny days ) with the lakes and village and hedge rows really add to make a nice Western European style battlefield , great for WW2 or Cold War type gaming or just your regular milsim / skirmish.
    Hope this helps.
    Yeah im planning on going with about 10 people, i watched a few vids on youtube of gameplay but didnt seem all that great but decided to ask people on here for opinions so, yeah hope to go soon and thanks really appreciate the help:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

matty1994 wrote: »
    Yeah im planning on going with about 10 people, i watched a few vids on youtube of gameplay but didnt seem all that great but decided to ask people on here for opinions so, yeah hope to go soon and thanks really appreciate the help:)
    that's it Matty , at the end of the day all that matters is your experiences......but getting an opinion or two does no harm either ,hope you get the weather!

darren ff wrote: »
    that's it Matty , at the end of the day all that matters is your experiences......but getting an opinion or two does no harm either ,hope you get the weather!
    Well 25 and petrol money isnt too bad for a day out, and yeah all depends on the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Sean1996

matty1994 wrote: »
    Well 25 and petrol money isnt too bad for a day out, and yeah all depends on the weather
    Are you going rathbeggan this weekend? Like Saturday I'm heading up with a few also, just hoping there is a fair amount of people there on the day . The weather doesn't look to bad for Saturday either only some drizzle

• Advertisement

Sean1996 wrote: »
    Are you going rathbeggan this weekend? Like Saturday I'm heading up with a few also, just hoping there is a fair amount of people there on the day . The weather doesn't look to bad for Saturday either only some drizzle
    Im heading go carting this weekend, could be two weeks before i go

Advertisement