Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement apartment fob?

Options
  • 17-03-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Lost my keys with the fob to access my apartment. Just wondering is there anywhere around that you could get a fob copy for cheap? Galway property management want 30 for a new one and they certainly aren't worth that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

in athlone they want €65 for one

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Surrealean

I'm... not a fan of Galway Property Management, to say the least, but in this instance they are correct-ish. If one could just conceivably copy these anywhere, it would rather reduce security - while I suppose the same could be said of any key, the point still stands.

Plus, mine has "DO NOT COPY" gouged into the back, so there you go.

30 euro is pretty fair, I've been charged 70 for one. I doubt you could get one anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

This one is a passive fob. Just a thin chunk of plastic really. These are the ones that can easily be copied AFAIK. The active ones are the new modern ones that cost a bomb to replace. There must be a place around that has a simple coding machine and fobs.

They are these type bxFbY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try the various key shops. Armour downstairs in Eyre Sq shopping centre would be my first place to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Colleran's Locksmiths down by Bell, Book & Candle, just past Massimo's have always done right by me. Very decently priced as well.

Totally bailed me out with my car keys just before Christmas.

Advertisement