Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking the plunge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

artyeva wrote: »
    look at it this way - every time you've wanted nicotine up till now you've reached for a cigarette - that's a habit in and of itself - before you even smoke it. it might take a while for your brain to switch that to every time you want nic you reach for yer vape. habit, routine, call it what you will but it'll come in time.

not my advice btw - but one of the best bits i've gleaned from hanging out here :)

Very true, thanks! I smoke rollies and I think I'm missing the whole thing of making the rolly - mad what your head can do to you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Having to clean clearo's, choose from a press full of juices [I've already got a stack up on them] and filling carts and checking atomizers and charging batteries will soon replace the rolling ;)

Having to clean clearo's, choose from a press full of juices [I've already got a stack up on them] and filling carts and checking atomizers and charging batteries will soon replace the rolling ;)

Lol :D

Think you might be right. Have just spent the past half hour taking apart the various parts of my ecig to clean them - didn't think about smoking once!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 toadinhole

Hi mollyz ,Congratulations on quiting the smokes,it took me 3 weeks before i quit completely,but every day i found it easier and was smoking less and less,after 5 days i had cut from 20 rollies down to 10 ,i started cooking and walking instead of smoking
    i have 2 imists and still love them but they need to be dry burned a lot when the flavour drops off,i gave up washing them,now i only burn off sometimes depending on juice every hour,
    this video shows how http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TUJ6FajDdM
    get the coils glowing red for 3 seconds then repeat until the smoke stops ,
    i alternate between the 2 imists heads using one battery until the charge is gone ,so i always have a fully charged battery,
    i also dont stand them upright as i find they are more prone to leaking,i lay them down,i put them in a poly bag in my pocket also otherwise mine leak,i used to have about 10 of the plastic cartridges on the go with differant flavours so easy to swap over with the imist,i also got some boge cartomisers low resistance and standard resistance and a plastic drip tip they fit onto the imist battery and give a differant feeling when vaping and a nice crackaly noise,and loads of 5 or 10ml sample juices,i had about 20 differant flavours after 2 weeks,i also recomend a kanger evod on an imist battery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TUJ6FajDdM

Hi toadinthehole, thanks for all the great advice! I'll try that dry burning thing - sounds handy.

Walking sounds like a good idea too as it's definitely easier when I'm moving about and doing things - had every window in the house washed by 10am this morning and planning to wash the car after lunch. At this rate the house will be gleaming for Easter - an unexpected bonus from quitting the smokes :)

Congrats to you on quitting. I'd be happy if I could be cigarette free in 3 weeks. I only had 4 yesterday which I'm well pleased about but instead of focusing on how many I did have, I'm thinking of in terms of the 30 odd that I didn't have.

Anyway, thanks again for the advice and encouragement, it's much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement