Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIB Current A/C . Feeder A:C with tracker

Options
  • 17-03-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to change a current account to a feeder account and still keep to the terms of a tracker with NIB. I remember when signing up a current account was part of the terms; but then again so was free banking but they changed that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Is it possible to change a current account to a feeder account and still keep to the terms of a tracker with NIB. I remember when signing up a current account was part of the terms; but then again so was free banking but they changed that.

Im pretty sure you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Hasn't changed for us. Our NIB current (feeder) account is free. Not/never used for anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Hasn't changed for us. Our NIB current (feeder) account is free. Not/never used for anything else.

was it ever a true current account as in debit card etc

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

was it ever a true current account as in debit card etc

Had a look at all the communication/statements there from NIB/Danske Bank down the years. We opened an NIB EASY current account as a feeder (no choice as you say, argued it at the time incl with branch manager), got nowhere. Wasn't using the account otherwise (i.e. did not use the debit card that they sent, just had/have a monthly direct debit from a non-NIB current account into the NIB EASY account). Never paid any fees. Just see now, on the statements, that it was randomly changed to a 'Loan Servicing Account' within the last year. No letter of notification received. I'm assuming you used it/use it as a current account/debit card?

Just came across these (search term 'NIB Easy Account')

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/national-irish-bank-ends-feefree-banking-on-all-current-accounts-26827866.html

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=1248034

Advertisement