Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anal gland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi i back again with my Cavelier, I went to check out the Burns food but they didnt have a diet version so the vet gave me Hills prescription diet food. My dog seems to love it, so I wondering has anyone any openion on this.

Thanking You :)

Of course the vet gave you Hills prescription diet food. They sell it and make a healthy profit on it. Pretty much every vet that sells food will try and sell you one of the brands they stock, it's part of the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Hi i back again with my Cavelier, I went to check out the Burns food but they didnt have a diet version so the vet gave me Hills prescription diet food. My dog seems to love it, so I wondering has anyone any openion on this.

Thanking You :)

Hiils food is fine, but very expensive for the product you get. If you dog likes it and does well on it, that's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Yes I went on line and all Burns seem to have is a weight control food which is designed to keep dog at his weight after he is nutered. They dont have a weight reducing food. The vet I went to sells all Burn products and they said same as above about the food.its very unusual they dont have one.

I find with Burns - even with the regular chicken & brown rice - that if you feed the right amount (10g/kg) weight falls off very easily. When I started using Burns, Darby was around 14kg and overweight. He weighs 12kg now and is very lean.

With Burns you might not need to use a diet/weight control food.

I am not really convinced by diet foods from some dog food manufactuers - I think they reduce the good (more expensive) ingredients and add more fillers. And then probably charge more cause it is a diet food.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Thanks for all the information. Every one contacting me is recommending Burns, so i will try it and see

Thanks alot :)

Advertisement