Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an Aldi in Swords?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

I hope the builders are going to put up fencing to block out the view of the Mens' Shed. You can see the structure from the gates of the Parochial house and it does not look well to my eyes.

I am not an architect nor an engineer but there should be high quality buildings built along that road to blend into the beautiful red brick Parochial house. Both those structures fail in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Further up the thread, someone mentioned 24th November as the opening date, so that's still 9 days away.

Yes. You're right! Somewhere along the was I've lost a week....

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

i can only imagine the traffic along that road when it opens.its a stupid place to put aldi in.the kids out of fingal walk along the road some even walk on the road.i think airside would have been the best place.i wonder will Iceland come to swords if they did the likes of balbriggan and ashbourne and the other little areas would go to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Any update on opening? Is it tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Proud 2 b Irish

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

so that's two lidls and an aldi in Swords now?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

lawred2 wrote: »
    so that's two lidls and an aldi in Swords now?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Fierce busy on the site. Hi-viz all over the place. Huge push the last few days to get everything finished in time.

It's open now. Very limited parking which is full at the moment. Doesn't look nearly as impressive as the new Lidl site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

maximum12 wrote: »
    It's open now. Very limited parking which is full at the moment. Doesn't look nearly as impressive as the new Lidl site.

Was there much traffic?

Stheno wrote: »
    Was there much traffic?

Not at the time. There was no free space in the car park and 4 or 5 cars circling around waiting for a space. It's a very small car park. The store looks small too from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

I called in at 7:45pm. The shop was very busy with the car park full (there was 2 cars parked on the footpath). I agree that car parking is limited (77 spaces).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

maximum12 wrote: »
    Not at the time. There was no free space in the car park and 4 or 5 cars circling around waiting for a space. It's a very small car park. The store looks small too from the outside.

No it's fairly big, everywhere is a little 'scattered' due to I presume, big footfall over the first few days, but when everything settles down it will be a definite asset ie you won't have to plough over to JCs or Lidl 1 & 2 from the bypass to get a few beers!!

Advertisement