Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console user account vs. PS Network account

Options
  • 17-03-2013 9:38pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place for this query. My son wanted a PS Network account, so I set one up for him today. I had to setup a master account as he's under 16 or whatever the age limit, so I did that and then setup a sub-account for him.

Unfortunately I realised afterwards that I had setup the master account while logged in as him on the PS3, I know nothing about the PS3 and didn't even realise I had done that. He can't log in using his own sub-account because it seems that the master account is associated with his user name on the console.

So what I'm wondering is if there's any way to disassociate the master account from his user name on the console and associate the sub-account to his user name? I've looked around and can't see any obvious way to do this, but there must be a way somehow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The username on the console is the profile and the master account/sub account username is the PSN id.

Is is the console profile new, and does he have many saves or trophies unlocked.

The profile used to sign in as a sub account has to be different to the profile that created the master account. Create a new profile on the console and let him sign in on that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Thanks, I created a new user and setup the sub account with that, worked ok.

He's 10, and most of his games are 12 (which I'm fine with, only 18 and some 16 I don't let him play)... of course I put his real DOB in and now he can't connect to PS Network for those games. It seems I can't edit the DOB now either on the sub-account..... grrrr. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PauloMN wrote: »
    Thanks, I created a new user and setup the sub account with that, worked ok.

He's 10, and most of his games are 12 (which I'm fine with, only 18 and some 16 I don't let him play)... of course I put his real DOB in and now he can't connect to PS Network for those games. It seems I can't edit the DOB now either on the sub-account..... grrrr. :mad:

I'd just give him a fake DOB with a master account and then add a password and parental controls to the master account. Sub accounts interfere with more than you'd want. You can't edit the DOB it's stuck as whatever you added first.

Advertisement