Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battery packs

Options
  • 17-03-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

hi lads does anybody know anything about the wild hunter battery packs that are on the market the lithuim ion ones are they any good or wwhats the story with them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

hi lads does anybody know anything about the wild hunter battery packs that are on the market the lithuim ion ones are they any good or wwhats the story with them
    Sportsden in Navan are cheaper and a better brand(deben) , the best one can last 5 hrs constant on a 35w hid lamp no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

I've just bought a lawn mover battery 12v 20amh sealed out and used in lamping 3 nights in a row roughly 12 hours on ansmd off as you do when lamping don't think I'd use anything else !

Only cost me 60 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 37 guerrilla podge

lb1981 wrote: »
    Sportsden in Navan are cheaper and a better brand(deben) , the best one can last 5 hrs constant on a 35w hid lamp no problem.
    what is the price and how reliable are they?

what is the price and how reliable are they?
    245 for the best one and bullet proof,very light go on to their website and have a look at them

TriggerPL wrote: »
    I've just bought a lawn mover battery 12v 20amh sealed out and used in lamping 3 nights in a row roughly 12 hours on ansmd off as you do when lamping don't think I'd use anything else !

Only cost me 60 euro
    is this for lamping on your own? i will be out with my rifle on my own. plus i will be using it with my lurcher. i already have a seal celled battery but i find it awkward to haul when you have a rifle. or a dog with you while alone. we use them whi;e there is a few of us out alright but i reckon far easier and more comfortable to use a lithium ion battery on lone expoditions. less gear /weight to be carrying. just wondering about the performance of these other packs.

• Advertisement

245 for the best one and bullet proof,very light go on to their website and have a look at them
    what sort of time would you get out of it?

i left the 35w hid lamp on constant for 5 hrs and i still had juice left in it going home, the higher what bulb will shorten your time but your never going to have it on constant ,i was only doing that to test it out, they have a fuel gauge to tell you how much juice is left in them

i left the 35w hid lamp on constant for 5 hrs and i still had juice left in it going home, the higher what bulb will shorten your time but your never going to have it on constant ,i was only doing that to test it out, they have a fuel gauge to tell you how much juice is left in them
    sound job i have a voucher in ballivor shooting grounds for 150 wanted to get a pack for solo outings just wasnt sure what they wer like so add a tone to the voucher would be your advice?
    relaibility?

ive had a deben tri star pro and it was a load of dirt
    won a scope light of wild hunter in a clay shoot so lookin for a good lightweight battery to go with it.

I would recommend them anyway, noting worse than lugging a battery around all night ,they just go in your pocket or on a belt .If your using a scope mounted light get a hid one ,they are not expensive off ebay or the n11 outdoor shop is selling them now, about 70 quid you wont believe the distance an tightness of the beam.

I would recommend them anyway, noting worse than lugging a battery around all night ,they just go in your pocket or on a belt .If your using a scope mounted light get a hid one ,they are not expensive off ebay or the n11 outdoor shop is selling them now, about 70 quid you wont believe the distance an tightness of the beam.
    cheers for the advice man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

I put it in a back pack so I don't notice carrying it and use it out alone or in a group would be easy set up for scope mounted lamp

Advertisement