Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Paperwhite Question?

Options
  • 17-03-2013 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey guys first time poster i just got a kindle paperwhite today and i dont have access to the wifi internet for a few days i am on the 02 modem net now. just wondering am i able to set up my kindle by plugging it in or does it have to be done over wi fi? i am a complete newbie when it comes to this kind of techo i have set up an account with amazon but i cant seem to make any process from there any help would be great?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Okay - well you can still use it - and defer the registration - however without wifi the only way you can copy content on is a direct usb connection from a computer.

Pick a free book from amazon through your new account

Plug in your kindle to the computer and follow the usb instructions below

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_kin_pw_usb_vid_im?nodeId=200996720#video

You can also drag and drop mobi or pdfs directly onto the kindle - that you get from somewhere else - or use software called calibre(free) to download onto the kindle

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Can any Kindle users out there in Ireland tell me which amazon site they buy their books from? I am registered with the UK site and have been happily getting books for the past few months but all of a sudden it's told me I've changed countries and can no longer purchase them. Do I have to change the site I'm registered to or does anyone know how to fix it?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

mothel wrote: »
    Can any Kindle users out there in Ireland tell me which amazon site they buy their books from? I am registered with the UK site and have been happily getting books for the past few months but all of a sudden it's told me I've changed countries and can no longer purchase them. Do I have to change the site I'm registered to or does anyone know how to fix it?:(

Up until recently I could only purchase from the US site but last week I
    downloaded some books and it asked me if I wanted to switch to the UK store
    which I did.

Advertisement