Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Gym Membership

Options
  • 17-03-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a month left in my Westwood Membership. They are now saying I need to give 60 days notice if I don't want to continue my contract and I need to sign all these cancellation notices etc.

Can I just cancel the DD or will they come after me for that?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Just cancel the DD - and ignore any letters. I've done this 3 or 4 times when moving gyms. Never been chased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

The termination notice would have. Been included in the Ts and Cs you. Signed when joining. I would suggest honouring the contract you signed. If you cancel the DD you are probably in breach of contract but not sure what WW would do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I went into my gym - not the same chain as yours - to cancel my membership as I was 6 months pregnant and moving county. They wanted 3 months notice. I just cancelled the DD.

If they'd required a month or six weeks notice I would have paid but I honestly thought 3 months notice was taking the pss.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭omega666

Just cancel your Direct Debit and ignore them.

Any Gym's requiring 2 months notice is taking the piss.

It's just a scam to try put people off quitting and getting a few months extra
    membership. There's no logical reason they would require that much notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭irishdude11

Hi folks,

I have a month left in my Westwood Membership. They are now saying I need to give 60 days notice

Notice for what? It's a pure racket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Also record something at the same time confirming cancellation such as sending an email to cover yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Has anyone cancelled their direct debit lately? I've just done it - hate the place!!! Absolute joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Write to them and hand the letter in.

60 days is an unfair amount of time and I thought this was already sorted out with a voluntary code.

You signed up for a year, you are not continuing afterwards. You are giving the sufficient notice of not renewing and you will be cancelling your direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement