Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natalie Maines moves on from Dixie Chicks for solo career

Options
  • 17-03-2013 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/natalie-maines-moves-dixie-chicks-solo-career-article-1.1291092

I know the Dixie Chicks haven't done much together in recent years, but I've always hankered after some hope that they might become active again. I saw the headline above today and, while they never seem to formally dissolve the group, I'd take it that if Natalie is working alone the prospect of them doing anything together is that bit more distant.

Their "Home" album is one of my favorites; their rendition of "Top of the World" is one of the very, very few songs (in fact, one of the very few anythings) that can bring a tear to my eye. Damn shame they got into such a pickle.

Anyway, seven years since they last issued a CD, but they're not forgotten.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I listened to the album with Not Ready to Make Nice a bit. I enjoyed their sound. I've heard some of the earlier stuff, really good country music and I wouldn't be a fan of country music at all.

While we are at it -

Advertisement