Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Being financially better off in the recession.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

After all the sacrifices in sure your mother made for you, you can actually justify using a 5 year olds excuse not to contribute. It's not fair bla bla bla..... Grow up and pay your way. When you have your own house then you can decide who can pay and who can't.

Your mother already has to deal with an asshole of a son and then you decide to make it worse on her. Lovely person you are.

LOL three seasons
    weren't you telling people to work for free on another thread, while sponging off their parents. :D:D

• menapyan wrote: »
    I don't understand why is everyone being so harsh on Hardluckwoman? She pays for her food and at least makes some contribution, if her parents are happy with that then it shouldn't be problem. Have I missed something?

It's the massive sense of entitlement and the boasting about how easy it is to save on the dole. Of course it's easy when you're sponging off someone else. At least show some recognition of the fact that you're not supporting yourself like most people have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I'm on more overall (if you include salary, benefits and bonus) than the height of the boom but paying out a lot more these days what with USC and property tax plus I have two young kids now.

While losing the income in USC and Property Tax makes me furious in a political sense (as in I'd gladly pay higher direct taxes instead if they were actually being used for something worthwhile), I'm getting along OK and I know there are many people far worse off than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

COYVB wrote: »
    She said her mother keeps at her to pay her way, suggesting she's not actually happy with that

Time for a name change to HardLuckMother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Three Seasons

LOL three seasons
    weren't you telling people to work for free on another thread, while sponging off their parents. :D:D

When you earn money you should pay your parents, when you don't earn money you can't. Pay them back at a later date when you can.

When you earn money you should pay your parents, when you don't earn money you can't. Pay them back at a later date when you can.

ya, I think you've been outsted three seasons. Your'e the one spouting to people to work for free, while at the same time saying you will leave your job if you don't get a good raise. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Anyone else think HLW wants a go on her brother? Shes done nothing but give out about him and drop him in it with the welfare folks. You sick puppy.

ya, I think you've been outsted three seasons. Your'e the one spouting to people to work for free, while at the same time saying you will leave your job if you don't get a good raise. :pac::pac:

I advise doing what is best for your career. Working for free can be good for your career as can asking for a pay raise. I suggest you address your paranoia that everyone is out to fukc over "the little guy".

I advise doing what is best for your career. Working for free can be good for your career as can asking for a pay raise. I suggest you address your paranoia that everyone is out to fukc over "the little guy".

as I said in the bill cullen post, Im done feeding the troll. You want to see where you are going wrong? read back your contradictory posts. :cool:

as I said in the bill cullen post, Im done feeding the troll. You want to see where you are going wrong? read back your contradictory posts. :cool:

There are no contradictions.

What have I said that is a contradiction. I have read over all my posts and have found none.

The contradictions are imagined in your head as you are paranoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

recession hit in september 2008
    The industry I am in has a lag due to the export markets we are in. My personal circumstances took a hit in 2009. My recession started in 2009. But, I take your point.

Advertisement