Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen stabbed in Westport!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mikom wrote: »
    You changed your tune from last month space_man.

How's the "fear mongering nonsense" going for ya?

Indeed.

We were waiting for Space_man to refer to those posts but alas this didn't happen.

Any comment then space_man.... you were figured out long ago but it was enjoyable to just watch the thread "progress".

We appreciate people creating threads to inform and discuss, but I'm afraid this wasn't the intention in this.

We will be monitoring this in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

yop wrote: »
    We were waiting for Space_man to refer to those posts but alas this didn't happen.

We appreciate people creating threads to inform and discuss, but I'm afraid this wasn't the intention in this.

A shit stirrer, I believe is the term.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

A shit stirrer, I believe is the term.

No I'm not ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

You changed your tune from last month space_man.

How's the "fear mongering nonsense" going for ya?

Indeed.

if you read the quotes you extracted, they clearly say "the West of Ireland is largely crime free"
    Please also read this thread's title. It's about a specific town, and a specific incident.
    i stand over that, as in general there is very little crime in the West. that's why what's happening in Westport is so shocking.

mind you if you and others are happy about 2 attempted murders in broad day-light in your town then good luck to you, 'cos you'll need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

yop wrote: »

Any comment then space_man.... you were figured out long ago but it was enjoyable to just watch the thread "progress".

We will be monitoring this in the future.

Maybe he is reacting a touch hysterically, but you are just flaming the situation. There will always be a tendency to hush up anti-social activity when a town depends on tourism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

yew_tree wrote: »
    I am not from Westport but am from Mayo and enjoy going to Westport. I have never seen any trouble bar the odd scuffle outside a takeaway which every town in Ireland has on a Sat night.

On the issue of this stabbing, the state has failed before and after this lad was attacked.

1. One of the accused escaped from HSE care - failure
    2. All the accused have been let out on bail

If you carry a knife and attack someone with it, it is attempted murder in my book and you should be locked away for a long time. I don't care if you are under 18. When are people going to get tough on law in this country.
    This 100%.
    I'd prefer for more to come out about this case but if these facts are true then it's just a mirror image of many of the events that happen in this country on a daily basis.
    The same people in a revolving door system of prisons and punishments.
    I don't know how many crimes we see on a weekly basis that are committed by people on multiple previous convictions or out on bail but as a country we need to be far tougher on these people, especially in the cases of attempted murder.
    Knife crime appears to be on the rise and something has to be done about it before it gets out of control.
    Judges and the prison system need to adapt to the fact that there are lots of criminals out there and letting them out before they are "reformed" is just crazy.

Hopefully the victim makes a full recovery.

space_man wrote: »
    if you read the quotes you extracted, they clearly say "the West of Ireland is largely crime free"
    Please also read this thread's title. It's about a specific town, and a specific incident.
    i stand over that, as in general there is very little crime in the West. that's why what's happening in Westport is so shocking.

mind you if you and others are happy about 2 attempted murders in broad day-light in your town then good luck to you, 'cos you'll need it.

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_329135.jpg

Take it up with the mod......... the one who also seems to have a problem with your postings....

Maybe he is reacting a touch hysterically, but you are just flaming the situation. There will always be a tendency to hush up anti-social activity when a town depends on tourism.

no i'm not in the slightest hysterical. on the contrary.
    but i do find the small-town mentality somewhat amusing.

ostrichs, heads in sand, sweeping brushes and carpets come to mind.

Take it up with the mod......... the one who also seems to have a problem with your postings.... . . .

is that the best response you can muster?
    considering a young lad(and a serving Garda) almost lost his life in a knife attack in Westport, do you not think that image is a little insensitive/inppropiate?:o

space_man wrote: »

Ahem.........
    A 36-year-old boutique owner was recovering at Mayo General Hospital last night from injuries she received when hooded men attacked her at her home in Breaffy, near Castlebar.
    It was the third vicious attack in as many months on Regina Sweeney. It occurred at about 5.15pm today and resulted in Ms Sweeney being taken to hospital with unspecified injuries. It is understood her injuries are not life-threatening.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/woman-hospitalised-after-third-assault-in-mayo-1.1335914

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 js154

Your last posted was deleted, do not post content like that on here.
    You were warned already.
    Banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement