Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vicious bulldog and not so vicious terrier loose on street!

• 17-03-2013 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hey guys, let me start off by saying I am a minor (15) but I want something done about these f*ckers on the road. Basically this <snip> owner lets his dogs out around 9:30 every night. One is a bulldog and anothers a small terrier. Both are vicious but the terriers less, well scary. Theyve attacked my cat before and I have told him failure to take his dogs off the street will result in us callling the guards, I also told him he could be fined up to 1904 euro if he was prosecuted yet he gave me the finger and told me to **** off and he would pay the fine no problem. This was a while ago. Last night they were out again and my sisters friend couldnt go home because of it, today the same. My mam called the guards and they told us they cant do ****. So now what do we do? Wait till a kid gets mauled for action u be taken <snip> Any advice?

Mod note: Easy on the use of adjectives please OP.
    Also, please do not incite violence towards humans or animals on this forum.
    Do not reply to this post on thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Contact the local dog warden.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1986/en/act/pub/0032/sec0015.html#sec15

If they don't or can't help, you can go to a local solicitor or bring an action under http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1986/en/act/pub/0032/sec0022.html#sec22

The ultimate sanction the court can impose is destruction of the dog not just a fine. Of course with out any person or other animal injured finding that the dog's are dangerous may not happen. But a case may put manners in the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You need to call the local dog warden, not the guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Call the dog warden. Keep calling until they come. Call ever 15 minutes if you have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SlappyTheSeal

kylith wrote: »
    Call the dog warden. Keep calling until they come. Call ever 15 minutes if you have to.

Where can I find his number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

Ashton Pound - 01 8383236, 01 8683038 (Dublin City Council and Fingal areas)
    Dunboyne Pound - 01 8026676 (South Dublin area)
    Foster Ave Pound - 01 2783564 (Dun Laoighaire Rathdown)
    Louth Pound - 042 9382398

I doubt there are Wardens on duty today,but I could be wrong.Also if it is Ashton Pound you are dealing with,they won't send a Warden out to the area unless YOU have contained these dogs yourself!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Agree call dog warden my poor dog king charles was mauled had his back broken by neighbours dog he came into our back garden. He was a mastiff/calf! My dog had to be put down. After a lot of grieve i got theirs destroyed.
    The vet and dog warden agreed he would do it again next time a child may get in way. Despise owners who wont keep their animals under control

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Agree call dog warden my poor dog king charles was mauled had his back broken by neighbours dog he came into our back garden. He was a mastiff/calf! My dog had to be put down. After a lot of grieve i got theirs destroyed.
    The vet and dog warden agreed he would do it again next time a child may get in way. Despise owners who wont keep their animals under control

Really sorry you had to go through that, it must have been terrible.
    In that case would it not have been better to take the dog away from them rather than putting him down. The dog should have been kept under control by them and its not entirely the dogs fault that he was so big as to break a little dogs back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

nemo32 wrote: »

Really sorry you had to go through that, it must have been terrible.
    In that case would it not have been better to take the dog away from them rather than putting him down. The dog should have been kept under control by them and its not entirely the dogs fault that he was so big as to break a little dogs back.

And who do you think would want to take on such a dog when there are lots of dogs with lovely temperaments dying in pounds because there are not enough homes.

I would presume he broke the dogs back by attacking him?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Knine wrote: »

And who do you think would want to take on such a dog when there are lots of dogs with lovely temperaments dying in pounds because there are not enough homes.

I would presume he broke the dogs back by attacking him?

Yes i agree it would have been difficult to rehome him but i also see plenty of big dogs in pounds where it states they should not be rehomed with small dogs, male dogs or a house with small children etc. Rehabilitation, no?? I don't know all the details but i was just asking should that not have been option since it was the owners fault for not having him or her under control, thats all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

nemo32 wrote: »

Yes i agree it would have been difficult to rehome him but i also see plenty of big dogs in pounds where it states they should not be rehomed with small dogs, male dogs or a house with small children etc. Rehabilitation, no?? I don't know all the details but i was just asking should that not have been option since it was the owners fault for not having him or her under control, thats all

These would generally be dogs that have shown aggression towards other dogs, not the type of dog that goes into someones back garden and severely mauls another dog.

Unfortunately a few years ago, a child on my road got caught up in such a situation. They had a small dog on a lead and got badly bitten when another dog attacked their pet.

Its the same old story of irresponsible owners. Even when caught, they get a slap on the wrist.

Right now there is a bitch in heat belonging to a neighbour and about ten dogs running after her. I dread to think what they do with the resulting pups as have I never seen any.

Advertisement