Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I used too much Advocate

• 17-03-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi guys!

Just a quick question about Advocate spot on for dogs. Ive put 3 4ml tubes on my gsd in one go and I'm now worried about possible side affects :( I'm blaming a horrendous cold and lack of glasses on this; I thought the instructions said a tube each in 3 areas of a large dogs back but what it actually said was 1 tube over three areas of a large dogs back!!! Why I decided at 10.45 to do this I don't know!!

Should I be worried???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

I'd get him in to the bath now and wash him just in case, you've only just done it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I *think* it says on the leaflet that an overdose such as this should not cause any harm. Now, I don;t have a leaflet in front of me to check this, but I presume you do OP! So, get those glasses on and read it through to see what it says. The info is definitely there.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭keaves

Glasses on and I still cant find anything about over dosing :/ the leaflet doesn't say, the online leaflet doesn't say and a Google search hasn't shown up anything conclusive .... except reasons not to use it???
    The thoughts of getting her in a bath now:eek:....
    Think ill chance it .... keep an eye on her and bring her for a swim in the morning.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I can't see anything on the leaflet either, but it does say that it should not be allowed to enter surface waters as it has harmful effects on aquatic organisms, and that dogs should not be allowed to swim in surface waters for 4 days after treatment.

So, if your vet doesn't have an out of hours number to phone now, phone them first thing in the morning and ask for their advice.

Do you know how much your dog weighs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Just googled advocate overdose dog and this came up, so I think your dog will be okay

http://www.animalhealth.bayer.com/4891.0.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hollysf

Just wash it off with soapy water if you worried, think it takes 24 hours to soak into the bloodstream so if you wash it off now no harm done.

Shes been washed! I couldn't take the chance! Fingers crossed there's no side effects! Just hope I washed her well enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Philip82

Dont forget you will have to dose her again now!!!!!! :D:D

Haha I know It was an expensive mistake :o Shes grand thankfully still just her normal amount of crazy but now super puffy after the surprise stealth bath! Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

Advertisement