Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant drop-outs and speed way too low

• 18-03-2013 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I placed this here as I have noticed this forum is a lot more active than the Vodafone forum.

Anyways, The problem started two weeks ago.
    My internet started disconnecting once/twice a day for about a week. Was getting a bit annoyed. Then all of a sudden, the internet would constantly drop every few mins. Even when I was connected to the internet, the speed was mad slow.

I had many angry conversations with Vodafone support who were somewhat useless by suggesting resetting the router etc.

So, I got on to somebody who knew what they were on about this morning and he said there was interference on the line. He asked if I had Eircom Phonewatch at the house to which I said yes. So the rep said it looked like Phonewatch was heavily interfering with the line thus affecting my connection to the internet. He told me to get in touch with Eircom and request a new DSL Socket. They were closed today unfortunately.

Anyhoo, Has anyone had this problem before? It is so bizarre and it is driving me nuts. I am using my mobile broadband to post this. Also, on the vodafone setup page it says my speed is 7.8 mb/s but none of my pages are loading(even Google).

(P.S. the problem started with a Linksys router so I switched to the white Vodafone router and I still have the same problem and a I will be switching to Sky in the next few weeks)

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Anyone?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CollyMac

I've got the exact same problem. Started about a week ago, speed test is saying I have 0.09mbps, we usually only have 1.5mbps where we are in Meath, but 0.09 is just ridiculous.
    We don't have phonewatch. Ringing vodafone today and will let you know if I have any joy, but not expecting much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

My broadband has been fine for the last two days. Switched to my old Linksys router and all is well. Vodafone can just fúck off.
    Sky, here I come.

Advertisement