Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instagamepoints.com

Options
  • 18-03-2013 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Anyone used Instagamepoints.com? Are they legit? I see they have 12 months XBL €28.01 - seems a better deal than cheapxboxlivecodes.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 photogirl

Do not use them the site is a scam google them you will see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Thanks for the heads up, it seemed to good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FickMoley

just seen this, wish i had last nigth :mad:

FickMoley wrote: »
    just seen this, wish i had last nigth :mad:

I bought points through PayPal took a month for PayPal to refund, still 2 months on trying to get website closed. If your on Twitter/ Facebook please warn others I have informed xbox too.

The whois data for instragamepoints.com reveals some shady information, name servers based in Malaysia and Russia hmm

• Advertisement

And reports are now saying Panama! Defo no way in the UK. Report the site to abuse@ Piradius.net as they host the site. Say what happened hopefully they will stop the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

photogirl wrote: »
    Say what happened hopefully they will stop the website.

Sure it'll just spring up again with a new name & the same chancers running it. I generally just stick to cheapxboxlivecodes & leave it at that

I'm surprised google are still allowing them to run contextual ads, if you access this thread from your mobile you can see instagamepoints ad.

cheapxboxlivecodes.com have never let me down either I have ordered codes from them a few times and delivery takes just a few minutes.

I have used other sites with no issues too. The person who owns or claimes to own it has changed names and locations several times. Just warn ppl if it can't be closed down. I have reported it to Action Fraud as that place I said before don't have the site anymore/never did.

I have used other sites with no issues too. The person who owns or claimes to own it has changed names and locations several times. Just warn ppl if it can't be closed down. I have reported it to Action Fraud as that place I said before don't have the site anymore/never did.

Have PayPal pulled their services from the site yet? I'd be surprised if they didn't due to the volume of complaints.

I'd be more concerned about the personal information they ask for at registration / checkout. They could sell this information on to third-parties to commit identity theft and other crimes...

• Advertisement

PayPal stopped their account about a month ago hence the site is only taking direct payment now, which is far more scary as how safe are peoples details.

http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=822718 looks like they are trying to remove everyones reports on scambook on copyright grounds because they used their logo, the cheek esp with the amount they have ripped people off. They are using several companies images to commit fraud so those companies should be making a claim on Copyright grounds.

I can't find who they are registered with now as every place I have contacted have no record of the siteso domain.

I didn't use full postal adress when registering thankfully so they only have an email address to try to sell.

PayPal stopped their account about a month ago hence the site is only taking direct payment now, which is far more scary as how safe are peoples details.

http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=822718 looks like they are trying to remove everyones reports on scambook on copyright grounds because they used their logo, the cheek esp with the amount they have ripped people off. They are using several companies images to commit fraud so those companies should be making a claim on Copyright grounds.

I can't find who they are registered with now as every place I have contacted have no record of the siteso domain.

I didn't use full postal adress when registering thankfully so they only have an email address to try to sell.

Looks like their domain is down

justryan wrote: »
    Looks like their domain is down

Yeah but that has happened a few times before it appears the IP address is now in Germany, they just keep changing this and as you know that really means nothing. Lets hope they are down for good but at least it looks like Google ads no longer have them advertising with them, the site had probably taken the offer Google had on earlier in the year for cheaper advertising.

Yeah but that has happened a few times before it appears the IP address is now in Germany, they just keep changing this and as you know that really means nothing. Lets hope they are down for good but at least it looks like Google ads no longer have them advertising with them, the site had probably taken the offer Google had on earlier in the year for cheaper advertising.

Looks like they are back up and running http://instant-points.net/xbox-live/ms-points

Advertisement