Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14mth old displaying breastfeeding traits out of the blue

Options
  • 18-03-2013 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

My 14 month old has randomly started nuzzling me and nuzzling actions when drinking her night time bottles (you know rapidly moving her head side to side, pressing in etc.) kind of emulating breast feeding all of a sudden. Anyone experience anything like that, she wasn't even really breast fed-after emergency section despite my efforts milk never came in so all she got was colostrum for 3 or 4 weeks and formula obviously to feed her. She's walking and all a couple of months,fair set of teeth and all that :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

She could be going through a developmental leap and is reverting back to more baby like behaviour. I'd just follow her lead as its obviously a reassurance and comfort for her.

It's not unusual for babies/infants/toddlers to revert to more baby like behaviour when they're mastering new skills.

I don't think breastfeeding behaviour is something they learn by being breastfed necessarily but is more an innate instinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Thanks, that would make sense :)

Advertisement