Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 3 Episode 14 - Prey

• 18-03-2013 2:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Just watching this weeks episode at the moment...

good episode which is all about setting up for a big season finale!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

That was pretty awesome :)

The warehouse scenes were very intense

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Meh.

Andrea can do one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

For a split second I thought they may actually kill her off. Fans don't like her, shock value, she has seemed pretty annoyed in recent conventions and interviews. It made sense.

Then I came to my senses. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I did think she would be killed off there, but it's interesting to see what'll happen with her now. I don't have this big Andrea-hate everyone else has. I hope she can integrate into Rick's group again.

As it stands 'Spoilers' isn't in the title of this thread, so I'm not going to give anything away, but I enjoyed the episode. More music over the end scene but I'm getting used to it now, and it was a decent tune by itself anyway! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Think it's getting pretty boring. The first half of the series didn't develop enough plots and now we're left with an excruciatingly slow build up to the finale. Even the last episode with Rick and the other two back near their house was good, but now it's just slow and pretty boring.

Looking forward to the finale, better be worth it, because there has been a serious build up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

There were a few ham-fisted scenes which were disappointing.

The opening flashback felt out of place and irrelevant to a large degree.

The torching of the walkers in the pit, followed by the Gov quizzing Tyrese, and the immediate pan to Milton with a shady suspicious look. It almost felt like "ok children lets take this slowly 2 + 2 = ? ...then flash a big FOUUUUUR across the screen" well done kids!!

Also The Gov surrounded by what 20 walkers with one clip in the gun and a shovel, he manages to escape and track down Andrea who had a massive head start and who, for the life of me, i will never understand why the fcuk she walked when the truck was parked outside the building, I guess it is Andrea.

The scenes with Tyrese chatting to yer man (so important dont even care what his name is) felt so flat and pointless. Discussing an event which is meaningless, not least because the aforementioned dude is clearly canon fodder by the end of the season. The "tension" between the 2 men was almost laughable, as was any chance of Tyrese pusing him into the pit.

The bit with Tyrese missing with 4 bullets felt like a shoe-horned wink to the fans. Yeah, we get it they never miss....oh wait Tyrese misses by 8 feet with a slow advancing walker!!

I've been a massive supporter of this season and have saw the good outweigh the bad, but this episode fell flat for me. It had some redeeming qualities but overall wasn't impressed.

The lasting impression the episode left was that the Woodbury-centric episodes are just not enough on their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

is it wrong i keep calling Tyrese Cuddy ? anyway good episode, i like this slow build till the finale because i just know its going to be a cracker. heard some rumours also about next weeks episode and its sounds amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

ricero wrote: »
    is it wrong i keep calling Tyrese Cuddy ?
    Yes it is, he was called Cutty in the wire :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

RoryMac wrote: »
    Yes it is, he was called Cutty in the wire :)

there i was calling him cuddy all this time :pac:. the walking dead needs a Bunk Moreland character

there i was calling him cuddy all this time :pac:. the walking dead needs a Bunk Moreland character

every show needs a Bunk....but there's only one Bunk :) Legend

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Am I expected to believe that the two white dudes are supposed be father and son? :confused:

Another meh episode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

Yer wan could have at least pinched the Guvnor's truck while he was busy in the wharehouse rather than wander off on foot.....little things like that bug me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

could the torture chair be another fake out, governer not quite as evil as some expect, he wants somebody to sow up his eye...?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I enjoyed this weeks episode, in as much that it was another build up episode. Really feel like they're dragging this out because they didn't know how to end it.

I think this is the first time I've commented on an episode thread in here, but Andrea, for F*** sake!!!
    There was a perfectly good jeep outside that warehouse. Why would you not take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

mrbrown69 wrote: »
    Yer wan could have at least pinched the Guvnor's truck while he was busy in the wharehouse rather than wander off on foot.....little things like that bug me

He probably had the keys with him anyways , it would be far from my biggest issue with the episode tbh .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I actually enjoyed this ep - it wasn't until we were 20 mins in when I realised
    no flipping daryl AGAIN :mad:

that Andrea's a flipping gonk though - does the blonde go all the way into the brain cells (and I say that AS A BLONDE!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only if we also get someone to say "Sheeeeeeit" every now and again.

Felt it was very strange that The Governor knew exactly where Andrea would be. First going across the field, which may be the most direct route. Then going into that building. It was very much a slasher movie setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Cuddy was in House (so to speak), Cutty the Wire

they CUT in TWD (and slash and crossbow, blah blah) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

So the penny finally dropped for Andrea, this is a bad man... Then she makes the worst attempted escape ever! Have to echo the "take the trucking truck, you idiot!" sentiments already expressed. I actually just assumed that she did, because to not take it, you know, would be kind of stupid... Also the whole
    Milton and the pit thing was pretty poorly handled, i knew it was him as it was happening, given how Andrea was just telling him he can't just sit on the sidelines anymore.
    But then they had to spell it out in big flashing letters... I think that deserves one of these:

396146_140881799361344_682174532_n.jpg

Overall another sparse episode, I really hope this is the last buildup episode because I can't take much more of this filler crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

What is up with the direction in program... Michonne used to have a constant disgruntled look on her face and now tyresse is confused-worried-disgusted at all times

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Didn't particularly enjoy that episode I have to say, and most of the reasons have been covered already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Anyone else spot the Irish flags at Woodbury?

He probably had the keys with him anyways , it would be far from my biggest issue with the episode tbh .

and she hasn't learned on to hotwire cars yet?

so did she go to the meeting place in order to draw in the governer and fight him there rather then nearer the prison, or why did she go there?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

so did she go to the meeting place in order to draw in the governer and fight him there rather then nearer the prison, or why did she go there?

Wanted to get out of the open and that was the nearest place of refuge?

Oscorp wrote: »
    Wanted to get out of the open and that was the nearest place of refuge?
    and he arrived moments after she did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I wasn't sure if it was the meeting place or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Even if she didn't have the keys to The Governor's jeep and couldn't hotwire it, she could have at least popped the tyres with her knife or messed up the engine or something. She essentially left him to die in the warehouse, and knew if he survived he'd come after her. Making sure he couldn't drive, whether it be to drive to catch up to her or drive back to Woodbury, would have helped weaken him further.

Overall, not a great episode, though nice to see Tyreese starting to get some actual plot other than "Can we stay here because we don't want to go back out there"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Is next week the finale? Can't add to what other people have said, was a poor enough one but hopefully the finale will be good

Shane St. wrote: »
    Is next week the finale? Can't add to what other people have said, was a poor enough one but hopefully the finale will be good

No, two more episodes. This was episode 14/16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

I liked the build up & tension of the warehouse scenes but there were so many holes it this episode for me... The 'sudden' turn around of the nerdy guy (sorry can't rem the name) & then what was with him backtracking...

The flashback at the beginning seemed clumsy but was good to get a bit more insight into michonne...

I'm sorry but HOW THE HELL did the gov. 1) find Andrea off the road 2) find her after she escaped into the trees... There must have been so many places she could have gone/hidden 3) know which abandoned warehouse she went into?? 4) find her in there 5) escape certain death from the walkers 6) and this is the worst for me... How did he possibly catch up & find her in the bushes around the prison...??! He must have some sort if supernatural abilities!!!
    Don't even get me started on her not taking the truck.... In fact I just presumed she did... And why didn't she find an abandoned car right from the start rather than running all the way to the prison?!!
    The whole 'I'm getting out of here, don't try to stop me' thing seemed clumsy to me too...

On another note, I think I missed something in a previous ep... Did Andrea go to the prison at some stage to set the meeting up between rick & the gov??
    And when exactly did the other guys leave the prison and join woodbury...?

I'm guessing they happened around the same time & I missed a few scenes or part of an ep...??

I'm looking forward to & dreading the end of s3....

iPink wrote: »
    On another note, I think I missed something in a previous ep... Did Andrea go to the prison at some stage to set the meeting up between rick & the gov??
    And when exactly did the other guys leave the prison and join woodbury...?

I'm guessing they happened around the same time & I missed a few scenes or part of an ep...??

Sounds like you missed a whole episode. Andrea was on her way to the prison (with Milton helping her to capture a walker so she could break it's jaw and cut off it's arms so she could use it to stop other walkers attacking her) when she met Tyreese and his friends in the woods. Milton then brought them to Woodbury with him, and Andrea went to the prison. She said they could talk to The Governor and sort things out peacefully (though no meeting was actually arranged, which means the arrangement of the meeting likely took place between episodes). Then she went back to Woodbury, tried to kill The Governor but changed her mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There were a few ham-fisted scenes which were disappointing.

Also The Gov surrounded by what 20 walkers with one clip in the gun and a shovel, he manages to escape and track down Andrea who had a massive head start and who, for the life of me, i will never understand why the fcuk she walked when the truck was parked outside the building, I guess it is Andrea.

Did Andrea have some kind of gps locator or something? How else could they explain the way the governor managed to find her in the middle of nowhere.She then ran into a building with countless places to hide yet crouched behind a box.Why didn't she just bypass that place altogether & leave the governor to waste time searching for her in it?

Plus the running outside & not even checking the truck for it's keys or at least a weapon is just baffling.

One of the weakest episodes this series,just not as gripping as it should have been.

Not sure if I read this here or elsewhere but the Magic Forest theory perfectly explains the strange goings on in this episode. Characters travel at almost the speed of light in the forests between Woodbury/Prison/Hershel's farm. Their super-sonic speed is only interrupted if they come in close proximity with another main character. Andrea has no need for the Jeep when she can just whiz around. That's how Mere previously caught up with Glenn and Maggie, and how Michonne miraculously bumped into them at the exact same moment; this is how the Governor caught Andrea literally seconds before she was visible by Rick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

2 dull episodes in a row that could have been condensed into 1. Getting tired watching now. The scene where he found Andrea in the buildings went on an on and on. Stupid

All of the sh1t could have been avoided.

All they had to do was dig a moat around the farm and all the walkers would have fallen in.

They could have fenced off large area and enticed the dead into huge paddocks and either drove over them in an RV or a combine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kinda pointless episode, so withered from all this Andrea/Governor stuff just want it to end for and the group to either move on or find another foe or whatever it is thats going to happen, The Governor arc in the comic is absolutely brilliant and its mostly painful in this. Pacing in this show is all over the place, events that could be wrapped up in a few episodes are drawn out to an entire series.

• Advertisement

Grimebox wrote: »
    Not sure if I read this here or elsewhere but the Magic Forest theory perfectly explains the strange goings on in this episode. Characters travel at almost the speed of light in the forests between Woodbury/Prison/Hershel's farm. Their super-sonic speed is only interrupted if they come in close proximity with another main character. Andrea has no need for the Jeep when she can just whiz around. That's how Mere previously caught up with Glenn and Maggie, and how Michonne miraculously bumped into them at the exact same moment; this is how the Governor caught Andrea literally seconds before she was visible by Rick.

Accepting a zombie apocalypse is 1 thing; magic forests and i'm out!

Would it, perhaps, be easier to say "lazy, weak writing" than "magic forest"?

This isn't Lost. A zombie apocalypse caused by an unknown virus, we can all handle that conceit as long as it's very much framed in the real world as we knew it. If they go down the road of "magic" a la Lost, there'll be plenty of laptops and tvs going out the window!

This isn't Lost.!

I was thinking this.

Then they did a flash back.

Ah the whole Magic Forest thing was just a joke I read online somewhere making light of the convenient and poor writing at times

Here is a reference to it: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/walking-dead-recap-andrea-governor/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

As mentioned hot wire it pop the tires do something.....on a sidenote I love the V8 grunt of all their trucks......gas guzzlers for sure but doesn't seem to be a problem with a seemingly endless supply of gussoline....even the lad on his Harley that never stops going never has a problem filling up from where is anybodies guess (abandoned vehicles?) fair enough but you'd think that supply would only last so long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

tbh im just getting tired of it at this stage. Every episode is sooo dragged out! Nothing will beat the first season, but i'm still gonna watch it til the very end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

The bit with Tyrese missing with 4 bullets felt like a shoe-horned wink to the fans. Yeah, we get it they never miss....oh wait Tyrese misses by 8 feet with a slow advancing walker!!

Some character background from the comics, won't really spoil anything:
    Tyrese is known for having a horrendous shot in the comics, he can't use a gun at all, he uses melee weapons a lot, never a gun.
    It was a bit overplayed but it was still them trying to stay true to the comics rather than a "shoe-horned wink to the fans".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Another dreadful episode, which is such a shame as they have truly brilliant source material to work from - I cannot think of one significant change from the comics that has been positive - yea they can't film it scene for scene the idea they deviate from the overall plot/story is just plain dumb.

What I'm hating at the moment is how the zombies are treated as either an irrelevant nuiance or the most dangerous thing is the word, on the whim of the writer at that moment. A horde in a confined space armed with a shovel - no problem for "the guv", as dozen dumped into a large penned area in the prison to taken on by 6 people all well armed - "hell no way can that be done".

It's also far too slow, drawn out and pointless - now full of plot holes, some very poor acting, even poorer writing and hasn't captured at all the "point" of post apocalyptic survival fiction.

pH wrote: »
    Another dreadful episode, which is such a shame as they have truly brilliant source material to work from - I cannot think of one significant change from the comics that has been positive - yea they can't film it scene for scene the idea they deviate from the overall plot/story is just plain dumb.

Shane's character and arc is significantly better in the TV show. I'd go as far to say he is the best character in the show to date.
    What I'm hating at the moment is how the zombies are treated as either an irrelevant nuiance or the most dangerous thing is the word, on the whim of the writer at that moment. A horde in a confined space armed with a shovel - no problem for "the guv", as dozen dumped into a large penned area in the prison to taken on by 6 people all well armed - "hell no way can that be done".

It's also far too slow, drawn out and pointless - now full of plot holes, some very poor acting, even poorer writing and hasn't captured at all the "point" of post apocalyptic survival fiction.

I completely agree with the attitude taken with the zombies. The writers' illustration of showing how far they had come in terms of fearing the zombies was bludgeoned with a hammer rather than using any finesse. Rick, Michonne and Carl are jumped in the car and they don't even flinch. A few weeks previously they are fighting for their lives panicking trying to clear the prison, to the degree of losing two people. A bit of transition and continuity would have been nice.

Grimebox wrote: »
    Shane's character and arc is significantly better in the TV show. I'd go as far to say he is the best character in the show to date.

I completely agree with the attitude taken with the zombies. The writers' illustration of showing how far they had come in terms of fearing the zombies was bludgeoned with a hammer rather than using any finesse. Rick, Michonne and Carl are jumped in the car and they don't even flinch. A few weeks previously they are fighting for their lives panicking trying to clear the prison, to the degree of losing two people. A bit of transition and continuity would have been nice.

How come they aren't infected by the zombie blood that covers them everytime they kill a zombie at close range.

Did the governor get bitten?

How come they aren't infected by the zombie blood that covers them everytime they kill a zombie at close range.

I think they don't get infected by blood alone in this world.

I have no idea if the governor got bitten or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Have you watched this show from the start or have you just started watching it this season, its all explained in the show .

With 2 episodes left its not beyond the realms of possibility that he did but its unlikely , he'll either be killed by the Prison group or betrayed from within in the last episode.

Have you watched this show from the start or have you just started watching it this season, its all explained in the show .

With 2 episodes left its not beyond the realms of possibility that he did but its unlikely , he'll either be killed by the Prison group or betrayed from within in the last episode.

I have watched from the start. I just watched 28 days later recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I have watched from the start. I just watched 28 days later recently.

Remember that in 28 days later they are not zombies, they are people infected with a "rage virus" that just makes them go crazy.

In the walking dead it's not blood that turns them, is not even the bite. They are all infected with it and when they die they become a zombie (unless they die from brain injury).
    So the bite isn't what turns then into zombies, the bite just causes a fever that they will die from and then they turn.

So the bite isn't what turns then into zombies, the bite just causes a fever that they will die from and then they turn.

But people survive been bitten.

But people survive been bitten.

Not really. Hershel only survived because they cut off his leg. T-Dog knew he was going to die after being bitten because he was bitten on the shoulder and they wouldn't be able to cut it off.

Everyone is infected and will turn when they die if their brain is still intact. The issue is that bites cause a different type of infection which makes you sick and you die from that. The infection from bites is kinda like if a wild dog bit your leg, but you had no medicine or anything to treat it. The wound would get infected (considering that the thing which bit you is essentially a rotting corpse) and as there's no medicine or anything, you'd get a fever and die from the injury.

• Advertisement
Advertisement