Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So how many people DIDNT get drunk for st patricks day?

• 18-03-2013 4:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭

I didnt :(
    First time in years that I didnt have a drink on st patricks day.

I cant be the only one, right? .... RIGHT?! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Same here, I had work though and It's too much of a messy day for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Not I. *Falls into pool of her own vomit*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

Nope, it was a beautiful warm day and I worked in the yard and worked on my tan. Don't drink much, it sucks the life out of your skin and liver.

I don't observe St. Patrick's day ~

Only holidays I observe is 4th of July, Veterans day, The Sabbath and New Moon Days...Oh, and birthdays! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭KegglesMcS

I didnt neither. Too many kids with screwdrivers in their pockets for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

KegglesMcS wrote: »
    I didnt neither. Too many kids with screwdrivers in their pockets for my liking.

Screwdrivers in kids' pockets and screwdrivers in friends' faces, I think you have some serious Freudian issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'm not drunk, I swear
    We're all going to heaven lads, waaaaaaaaay

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭KegglesMcS

orestes wrote: »
    Screwdrivers in kids' pockets and screwdrivers in friends' faces, I think you have some serious Freudian issues.

Keep your opinions to yourself tough guy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I didn't have one drink. I was working the night before so I didn't wake up untill abput 2.30 pm Sunday. Took my dogs out for a run, back in time to watch the club football final. Cooked as bit of a late dinner for myself and the brother, Then setteled down to watch sports for the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Me neither but seen to many drunks tonight and people getting sick and broken glass, a few fights, young ones crying, streets smelling of urine but I'm sure they all had a good night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I had a couple of beers, because it was a nice day. I phoned my father, because it was his birthday. Then I completely forgot about it and treated like any other Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I've had a stunningly sober weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Stayed in bed til 6 this afternoon and then was working from 7 til and hour ago. Can safely say the it was one of my better St Patricks Days.

I look forward to not feeling like a steaming bag of crap tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

I didn't because I'm boring bastard and don't drink anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭heartseeker

All the publicans for starters....too busy raking it in, counting the profits, and waiting for Arthurs Day to come around !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I had one pint. I didn't feel like drinking much so what's the point in drinking just because everyone else is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

All the publicans for starters....too busy raking it in, counting the profits, and waiting for Arthurs Day to come around !!

The chances are a lot of publicans did have a drink or 7 today. Alcoholism tends to run in that circle.

Also, not all publicans are complete bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Its nearly 05:30 and I'm just in from a night on the door, no gargle here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'd say it was "fun".

Was chatting to one of the on call docs that stays here, and he said A&E was bedlam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

me didnt go out, paid next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No booze, about to hop into the shower and then off to work I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

My first sober Patrick's Day also :)
    I gave up alcohol only recently, and was a little panicky about it and made some plans to maybe have one or two, but glad i resisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mick ah

Didn't drink. Was just too exhausted after a week of work and college. Just had a quiet night it.

I'm glad too, need to get stuff done today when I'm finished here on boards :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I had intended having the usual 'reasonable amount' of weekend drinks yesterday but I had the scuts :( and couldn't face it. Just thought I'd share that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Great waking up with a clear head.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭CiaranMcDCFC

Was driving from Donegal to Dublin and in work today so another dry St Patrick's days for me. Too many drunken idiots in pubs on Patrick's day to get any enjoyment out of going for a pint anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

No drink here either - work, then relaxing with the TV & laptop. Drinking in a crowd is simply not my idea of fun - and, these days, neither is getting drunk.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

I didn't drink, more important things to be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is getting totally blotto on Paddy's day a relativity recent thing or was it always the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was sober too.

I dropped off misses to the pub around 16:00 and had a whole evening to my self with SC2 MLG finals and fast food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Much trouble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

kneemos wrote: »
    Is getting totally blotto on Paddy's day a relativity recent thing or was it always the case?

Up until the 1950's the pubs were closed like Good Friday.

Publicans and taximen and the tourist chiefs were giving out that visitors couldn't get a drink and so it changed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Me neither, babysatu niece so my bro and his GF could go out.... Super Uncle!

Was out on Saturday though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I didn't wet the shamrock either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I had 3 drinks, then went outside the pub to make a call and a wave of clarity came over me...people stumbling all over the place and the smell of fresh vomit, I decided to go home, lovely fresh head this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

No drink for me either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

had a couple and went off to bed, had to milk this morning:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

"So how many people didn't get DRUNK on St.Patrick's Day?

1,764,662 (approx.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

The chances are a lot of publicans did have a drink or 7 today. Alcoholism tends to run in that circle.

Also, not all publicans are complete bastards.

I hate these sweeping generalisations.

Now, I spent the day raking it in waiting for for Easter Sunday to come around. Then I went on the piss.

I am a complete bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

I normally have 1 or 2 but I just didn't bother this year at all. I thought about heading to the local after getting home from Dublin but - meh. Settled for Braveheart, a chocolate kimberley & a mug o'tae.

I remember the pubs being closed when I was a kid - the only place that had a bar open was the Dog Show in the RDS - it used to be wedged.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kaylen.

I didn't either Brought the young lad to the local parade and then tried for about an hour an a half to get a seat in the decent pubs around my area for some food with complete failure.We couldn't move in the 3 pubs we tried at about half 2 in the day.
    So home we went...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I had a few Friday butI haven't drank on Saint Patrick's day for a few years now. Like a previous poster said, I was in a pub one year and saw kids running wild and being filled up with crisps and lemonade just so their parents can get drunk. And the whole town just gets messy.it's just not fun. And I am not anti drink a few years ago I would have been in the thick of it. I have kids now and dont think it's a good environment for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

My first year in about 6 years where I wasn't working st patricks day. So I enjoyed it. Watched the parade, then home for the hurling, dropped herself out, dinner, tv, collected her. After seeing the messiness dropping and collecting her and hearing about the drama of her night I was one glad little boy I didn't go out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Weather kept us all stuck in the house. Watched movie, 'Lincoln'. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I have 2 exams this week so it was my first sober paddy's day. A bit depressing to be honest, I got multiple phone calls from people asking me was I going out. I would always avoid clubs and bars on paddy's day because town in general is disgusting on nights like that but there's always a good house party to go to. Although not being hungover today is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Stayed in glued to the couch - I'm 7 weeks pregnant and ironically have felt like I've the world's worst hangover for the last week :(
    My lovely boyfriend stayed on the dry in solidarity - a very boring Paddy's day in nikpmup towers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I got drunk.

Our friends are home for a few weeks from australia, they went last year so we all went out. Great night but I feel awful today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

No drunk here, am up the duff so not allowed. Probably wouldn't have drunk anyway, I'm not a big fan of Paddy's day. I met friends for lunch and had a nice day at home - was asleep by 9pm!

• Advertisement
Advertisement