Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So how many people DIDNT get drunk for st patricks day?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Didnt see any of the messing, fighting or vomiting that people are talking about. Everyone seemed on good form :-).

That's because you were drunk. :pac:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭JamBur

I finished a course of antibiotics yesterday, couldn't drink. Didn't feel like I missed out too much tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

No drink for me, pregnant :D! TBH I probably wouldn't have anyway I'm not a big drinker. Myself and the fella got a chinese and chillaxed instead. Missed the parade, was serving drunken eedjits fast food instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Lando griffins second St Paddys on the trot not drinking even though the herself begged me to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

Didn't fancy getting drunk for Paddys so just had a bottle of wine and a few beers. The whole "getting sloshed" thing is so overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Took the kids to Spanish Point for the day, had a much better time than standing around in the cold watching a ****e parade then getting pissed in some over crowded pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

that was a very uneventful paddy's weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I stayed in and watched a bit of sport and a film so no drinking from me.

Besides, I'm saving all my drunkenness for the After Hours Beers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

nope not a drop on paddys day! just chilled and had a day away from the runners and bike!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I didn't, no shame in it. Just couldn't be bothered going out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I wish I didn't get drunk, but of course I did. Now I'm paying for it, like the rest of the country I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Stayed in with a box set and relaxed. Was going to go out, but left my ID in my parents house, so that didn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Meee. Worked. In a bar :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Was in town on saturday working.Going in to town during the afternoon before my shift it was an amazing atmosphere.Families out.Grafton street had all the buskers and crowds out.The boat race and merrion square had a little carnival going on.Just a great feeling in the air.After I finished work the atmosphere was ripe with trouble.People who'd been drinking all day, agitated drunks.Was glad to get home.I can only imagine how bad dublin was yesterday.Sorry I know a bit off topic but I just wanted to share a thought was all.

As for me I spent the paddys day in a friends house eating BBQ drinking beer and laughing in good company.Went down to my local and got a few pints in.Wouldn't have cared for going out but there was a good crowd of friends down already.Push comes to shove I would just have left it at the bbq and head home for 12.I echo the same feelings that it's not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

4 bottles of Smithwicks at midnight. Calving time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Nope, didn't get drunk. I hate getting drunk to begin with, so wouldn't bother anyway.

I went to a spa with a friend and we spent the day there.
    When I got home, I made pizza and had a bottle of beer in front of the telly, sharing it with my husband.
    All in all, a really nice day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I didnt :(
    First time in years that I didnt have a drink on st patricks day.

I cant be the only one, right? .... RIGHT?! :pac:
    I had dinner at my parents house and so had one glass of champagne and one glass of red wine.
    And a delicious home cooked meal by my mother who is just the best cook............:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I'm on a massive absinthe and opium binge since Sunday morning. I really really need to go to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Didn't touch a drop.

Because I was dying from being on the sauce all day Saturday for the Rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Systemic Risk

That's because you were drunk. :pac:;)

Possibly :). Was great day anyway. I had not been out properly in ages and I really enjoyed it.

This is not aimed at you April but at thread in general. I just think there is a bit too much negativity towards going out for drinks on days like St Patrick's day. Our group was a big group (approx 15) ranging in ages from around 23-35 and everyone was drinking. Not one got stupid drunk or caused a spot of bother to anyone. Last years St Patrick's day was the same, really memorable nights that cause me to smile when I think back on them.

I do understand that there are plenty of people who do cause trouble and get messy drunk and annoy others but I don't think that going out for the day should be stigmatised to the level it is sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Paddys day I definitely overindulged. It was a great day for 90% of the duration

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

had a hot port after a three mile trek along the beach. does that count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

No was working all day,but when finished I had a few,but that was at 4 in the morning and free because we were absolutely mental all weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,822 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I tried not to, went for a few quite ones in my local at 4 and ended up not leaving the Grafton lounge till after 3 in the mornnig ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

No more so than any other weekend tbh. I find it a bit silly the way some people need an excuse to get pissed. Like its ok to get rat arsed on Paddy's day, but any other day and you feel guilty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Stayed home, cooked dinner for my family, studied a bit.

I'll leave saturday unmentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Think i had about 4 cans at home. Didnt go out and that decision was later justified after seeing a video of 2 scumbags fighting on the main street in broad daylight.

Not drunk drunk - but had a few. Most of them on the 16th though. Threw my monthly house party and got a good big crowd. Beers and Rugby were had and then the party rather than ending at 4 or 5am like it usually does managed to go on until about 3am monday.

Work on Monday was not the easiest.

Think I am mostly recovered now.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

17 years old, had all the laaaaads ringing me all day to go out, eventually turned off my phone, watched Braveheart, got up at 8:30, said I would head down to the pitch for a kick around, saw 2 people passed out in the park. It was then I started to realize what is the ****ing point? I am not gonna give up drink but I am gonna try my best to drink only on occasion.

Advertisement