Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christchurch Hospital Rebuild

• 18-03-2013 7:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

This is a big job kicking off in the next few months, I'm sure they will be wanting tradies of all descriptions.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/8440716/600m-for-citys-hospital-rebuild

Its not fair to promote individual agencies or recruiters on here but just google and you'll find agencies that can help you get work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭splanagan22

looks interesting but looks like it wont kick off for a while,

apart from that is there much happening in christchurch on the rebuild, very hard to get solid information on it,, i had a job offer last november but the money was poor enough starting off, i am a qualified plumber by trade so that is what i would rather stick at, any information would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

i am in the same boat but electrical. i am trying to decided between there and canada:D

hi calgary22

yes it very hard to decide,, although canada is out for me till next year as i never went for the IEC visa,,i could still go through the AIT but im not getting any results in the job search,,

NZ always looks attractive but its just so far away and the money starting out is very poor, but there seems to be an endless amount of overtime available which is always good,,

also i believe people have been promised work in the oil sands in canada and then on arrival is a very different story, but like everything i think you really need to be there in the places for a chance at anything

yea i was lucky i got a 2 year visa for canada but they slipped up in the first batch they usually allow you one year to activate it but they have given us 2 they have since corrected the mistake but they still have to houner the 2 year limit. so i don't no what to do i could go for a year see a bit of nz. and then go back to Calgary its hard to know. seems life in winter in Calgary can be very tough down to -40 in places so i am thinking of maybe heading to Christchurch or Auckland. and checking that out:) i hope to be heading around 5th june so trying to scope both places out:)

wow -40,,,that would be tough,, hope there is plenty of work to keep ya warm,,there was a crowd from wexford recruiting last year and i got a job but didnt go as i have stuff to wrap up here,,i think they have since filled there quota,,
    have you looked to england or anything for work?

• Advertisement

no mate didnt look anywhere like that tbh i would just love to get away for a few years its been a tough owl apprenticeship so be good just to get to go somewhere complete different while i have the chance too:D

Advertisement