Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Departure and Arrival

Options
  • 18-03-2013 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello!
    I didn't know where to post this thread.

So, I will be doing a few work and travel months in Ireland.

My question is because I can't find anything on the Internet,

where does the X20 Bus (from Dublin Airport to Galway) departure from?

From which bus stop or let's say place from Dublin Airport?

Then it says on the schedule that it arrives in Galway!

Is there a particular bus stop, or does it stop at several in Galway?

If so, where because sry I have problmes to find it!

The only problem I have is about the bus stops! The timetable is just fine :)

I would be very thankful for help!

Greetings from Germany! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

If you fly into Terminal 2, follow the signs for coaches/buses. It's outside the main door, turn left, walk along there and then cross the street. If you're flying into Terminal one, literally walk out the door and cross the street. There's a line of bus stops there serving numerous different Bus Eireann routes so just find the one that says Galway (there's usually someone there to help you). The bus will leave from there and the last stop in Galway will be the main bus/train station which is just off Eyre Square in the city centre.

Alternatively, if you cross the street from those stops there is a coach park which is for private bus companies. GoBus and Citylink all do an express service to Galway from Dublin. The only stop they make is in Dublin city.

It might sound confusing but it's not, Dublin airport is tiny. You shouldn't be walking for more than 5 mins to get from the terminals to the bus stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Waterlilie

Thank You very much ! You helped me a lot! :) So, the Eyre Square "Bus Stop" is just perfect! THANKS A LOT! :) And also for the other information!

I need help again :D

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Route-Planner/

I am going to stay at Abigails Hostel, Dublin for a few days.
    My problem is now finding a bus stop close to the hostel. However I can't find anyting with the destination is Dublin Airport!

(Problem Dublin City to Dublin Airport)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Waterlilie wrote: »
    I need help again :D

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Route-Planner/

I am going to stay at Abigails Hostel, Dublin for a few days.
    My problem is now finding a bus stop close to the hostel. However I can't find anyting with the destination is Dublin Airport!

(Problem Dublin City to Dublin Airport)

There is no need to leave Dublin city and go to the airport to get the Galway bus. You can head to bus aras (main regional bus station in Dublin city centre) and get the bus to Galway or you can use one of the many private bus companies who depart from Dublin city centre. Just Google Dublin to Galway buses.

At the airport you need to get one of the designated airport buses otherwise you won't be able to disembark in Dublin. Again if you Google it or check Dublin airport website there is loads of info on there for getting to Dublin city. There is also an information desk in Dublin airport.

This is the end of my travel. I wanted to say that in the End i am going to stay at Dublin City. And from there I need to take a bus to dublin Airport.

My Plan

(Dublin to Galway : Bus) . it is cheaper to land in Dublin and take a bus to Galway than landing at Shannon Airport
    I will be staying there for a few months
    Later I want to go back to Dublin, stay there for a few days and then I have to take a bus to Dublin Airport but the problem is finding the right bus stop :/

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Waterlilie wrote: »
    I want to go back to Dublin, stay there for a few days and then I have to take a bus to Dublin Airport but the problem is finding the right bus stop
    There are several options but if you are on a budget the best option is to get the number 41 bus to Swords (via Dublin Airport). It leaves from Lower Abbey Street (near Irish Life Mall) which is about 5 minutes walk from your hostel.

When you leave your hostel turn right and then cross O'Connell Bridge tothe north side. Walk up O'Connell Street a little and then turn right onto Lower Abbey Street (where tram lines run). Walk to the end of that street and the bus stop is on the left (northern) side.

PS - the 41 is a "service" bus. It will stop many times before reaching the airport. Allow at least 45 mins in case of delays etc.

Thank You very much! Bus number 41 sounds perfect :)

Advertisement