Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All lights are on on the wireless but no internet access

Options
  • 18-03-2013 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

The title of the topic pretty much saids it all. The router/modem was a replacment for the old one that was broken after almost 10 years of usage and was replaced last October. 

Everything has been working ok up to today where there is no network connection even though all the lights are green on the wireless router. I can get full wifi signals on both my laptop and my desktop but when I check the status it saids no network connections even though the router's wifi, DSL, internet lights are all green. 

The model is P-660HN-T1A

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes I have had that with a replacement router in pretty well the exact same circumstances as you. Solution(s) so far have been - go to the Wireless Network Connection icon (bottom right of the screen) go to support and do a repair. Or if that fails switch off everything - computer and router, wait a few minutes, switch it all back on again. I have managed to get it going again every time so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

looksee wrote: »
    Yes I have had that with a replacement router in pretty well the exact same circumstances as you. Solution(s) so far have been - go to the Wireless Network Connection icon (bottom right of the screen) go to support and do a repair. Or if that fails switch off everything - computer and router, wait a few minutes, switch it all back on again. I have managed to get it going again every time so far.

Hi guys,

We have set up some tips on our forum. It may help going through then to improve the wifi connection.

- http://bit.ly/PlpCli

If there is no improvement can you PM me with your tel Nos: and I will run some checks on your line directly.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There was nothing wrong with my line before the new router, why should that change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

looksee wrote: »
    There was nothing wrong with my line before the new router, why should that change?

Hi looksee,

Did you get a chance to go through the tips? Feel free to PM me with your tel no: to run some direct checks.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement