Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the credit union care about the frequency of loans?

Options
  • 18-03-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭

Hi i got a loan from the credit union for about €3500 in july last year for a car. The car i got gave me a lot of trouble and was out if action for ver a month. As i needed a car for work and evening college and was drained of money fixing the car i got in july, i got a top loan of €1500 at the end of february to get a nissan micra. Unfortunately, the micra is not in good shape either and as the nct us just out my present insurance company will not insure it. Ill be 6 years no claims in April so i don't want to move to another insurance company as i will lose out on a years no claims.

Ive got the the old car back which i have pretty much now sold. My question is if i used the money from the car sale to pay off everything i owe the credit union to date, would they have any issue giving me another loan?

I want to get a diesel car and i only drive automatics. I've seen a decent car from a garage at around €7000. After paying off everything i owe the credit union, i would have €2000 in savings.

When i got the €1500 loan, i was supposed to show them log book of the new car but ive still not received the log book for the micra.

If i had not got the €1500 loan just over two weeks ago, i would have much doubt but will this affect my chances of getting another loan even if i clear all of the current loan balance?

Advertisement