Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem neighbours

Options
  • 18-03-2013 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So I'm entirely new to this forum and sort of new to charlesland. I'm having a problem with some neighbours and not entirely sure what to do. They keep stealing bins from others and don't exactly adhere to the recycling and non recycling and on collection days the bins reappear. They also have parties late into the night and their guests park all over the place. They are not approachable as they don't listen and there are more than one family living in the house.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

If you can't speak with them directly, you need to talk to your management company. You can't bring up neighbourly disputes here though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 girl1981

Oops, wasn't aware of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Perhaps you could use the personal issues forum for a general discussion that does not identify your neighbours

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

Appreciating that we can't go into specifics here, but here's a couple of generic points in any case:

"They keep stealing bins from others" - if you've proof call the gardai - a call from them may scare them. Also show them the proof, it may embarrass them into stopping.

"don't exactly adhere to the recycling and non recycling" - not a crime unfortunately, may become an issue for bin owner vs Refuse Collection company

"on collection days the bins reappear" -relates to first point re. proof of theft.

"They also have parties late into the night" - if it's loud/late you can call the gardai.

"their guests park all over the place" - again, not enforceable unless they're blocking your drive

"there are more than one family living in the house" - again not a crime, but their landlord (if renting) may not be aware. So worth raising with management company also.

Nothing worse than bad neighbours, life is hard enough these days without coming home from work to deal with this crap too! Unfortunately it's not a crime to be an inconsiderate neighbour. :mad:

My two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just on the bins - are you in an apartment/duplex where the bins are shared anyway?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

OP
    Eponymous is quite correct - you need to contact your management company immediately and tackle this one head-on.
    If you're in an apartment/duplex, the bins are indeed shared (as pointed out by Astrofuff), but they should all be located in the same location and should not be moved - again, bring this to the attention of your managing agent, or if renting, then get on to your LANDLORD sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thread moved from Greystones/Charlesland to Accomodation/Property

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement