Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone found in Wicklow

• 18-03-2013 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

As title, I found an iphone while cycling in Wicklow this morning. Despite finding it in a puddle of water it seems fine. It needs to be charged so I can't say if I can contact owner until I can get a charge.If its yours or anyone you know please contact me. I'll be looking for proof of ownership so no chancers :D please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I'd advise that you try to dry it out completely (in a cooling over, perhaps) before you apply a charger to it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

dont put it in a oven anyway, put it in a bowl of rice and leave in the hotpress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Agreed, had a toilet incident recently with my iphone. Switched it off immediately and stuck it into a bowel of rice for at least 24 hrs.

The sound was gone and there was some moisture on the screen but that eventually subsided and within 48 hrs was phone was like new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Thanks lads, I work with electronics so I won't do anything stupid

Edit: Owner contacted. A.O.K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

a gentleman fair play to you.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Agreed, had a toilet incident recently with my iphone. Switched it off immediately and stuck it into a bowel of rice for at least 24 hrs.

The sound was gone and there was some moisture on the screen but that eventually subsided and within 48 hrs was phone was like new.

Bowel of rice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

J Madone wrote: »
    Bowel of rice?
    Gotta get your carbs somehow...

And on vibrate... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭531

Bowel of rice?

Yeah, you know that feeling after a dirty great Chinese (meal)?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Bowel of rice?

Uncooked rice is dry, it draws the water from the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Seaneh wrote: »
    Uncooked rice is dry, it draws the water from the phone.

A bowel would tend to be wet and quite an unsavory place for both the owner of the bowel and the iPhone itself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

fair play to OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

May only be placed in bowel in prison ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

A bowel would tend to be wet and quite an unsavory place for both the owner of the bowel and the iPhone itself ;)
    And then there's the exit process...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

How did you manage to contact the owner - 'thought these were password protected. just curious as I found one once and ended up handing it into local garda station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Would you be able to track customer down through imei number ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

How did you manage to contact the owner - 'thought these were password protected. just curious as I found one once and ended up handing it into local garda station.

This one wasn't password protected, that is optional. Once I had it charged I could access his phonebook and there were several people with same surname. I guessed these would be family. I ph'd first one and he answered himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Aha! I was afraid my tech abilities had gone from poor to completely useless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

This one wasn't password protected, that is optional. Once I had it charged I could access his phonebook and there were several people with same surname. I guessed these would be family. I ph'd first one and he answered himself.

Well done and fair play for being so honest,
    That was a very lucky owner on 2 counts
    1 that you found it and went looking for him and 2 that it still worked after being wet.
    Hope he's not some ungrateful so and so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Well done Wicklowrider! I'm a believer in the concept of karma, so I hope that good deed is returned to you 10-fold in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eveffla otoole

As title, I found an iphone while cycling in Wicklow this morning. Despite finding it in a puddle of water it seems fine. It needs to be charged so I can't say if I can contact owner until I can get a charge.If its yours or anyone you know please contact me. I'll be looking for proof of ownership so no chancers :D please

hi has that fone a cover says covers on cracked screen mine was tackin from a hotel powers court hotel thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭FREDNISMO

Ambrosia Rice anygood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

hi has that fone a cover says covers on cracked screen mine was tackin from a hotel powers court hotel thanks

No offence but I can't make sense of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

Amprodude wrote: »
    No offence but I can't make sense of this?

I *think* someone reckons that this phone, which appears to have been reunited with its' owner on 18th March, is theirs.

Or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement