Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

make up brushes

• 18-03-2013 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi. My mac brushes which have served me so well are finally falling apart. So I was thinking of trying real techniques (are they in boots liffey v?) Or the sigma ones? Any recommendations appreciated. As budget friendly as possible, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

If i were you i'd order off iHerb.com. I got the two sets eyes and face, blush brush and powder brush for €36 delivered. I priced in boots and it was €87 for the brushes I got. Crazy!
    I herb takes a while to deliver but worth it for the saving.
    Before you place the order make sure you google for discount codes!

I would also recommend ELF studio line brushes. In particular the powder brush and Kabuki. Fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I have the Sigma Mrs. Bunny kit and think it's amazing, it has every brush you really need (apart from the kabuki brushes which are an absolute must buy) and I love the holder to keep the brushes in! It's €120 for the whole kit but I think it's a very fair price for the set!
    Sigmamrsbunnycollectiontravelkit.jpg

Just ordered my first Real Techniques brush so really looking forward to trying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I have the Sigma Mrs. Bunny kit and think it's amazing, it has every brush you really need (apart from the kabuki brushes which are an absolute must buy) and I love the holder to keep the brushes in! It's €120 for the whole kit but I think it's a very fair price for the set!

Just ordered my first Real Techniques brush so really looking forward to trying it!

I 100% agree here. Have the same set and I just love. The only thing I would add is I have the real techniques stippling brush and I wouldnt be without it, it's the only brush Iuse for foundation and in the future I'm hoping to add the roundy detailer real techniques brush (sorry cant think of the name will check it out later) the one the pixiwoos use for under eye concealer as I find the concealer brush in the Mrs. Bunny set is a little flat for what I want. can I ask also what exactly you use kabuki brushes for? What makes them so good and which would be best to try?

It's the real techniques deluxe crease brush I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

I have most of the RT make up brushes and I love them. I'd highly recommend them. Great finish and budget friendly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Thanks all. So temptingto invest in sigma Mrs bunny set..I'll definitely get the real techniques on iherb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

There's also the mrs bunny travel edition for 60, available on cloud10 beauty. It's a great set for eye brushes. It comes With a lovely eye shader brush thats more Densely packed than most so it applies colour and slso blends. It also has a fluffy blending brush, a pencil brush which is not too big, an angled brush, a powder brush, flat foundation brush and an angled blush brush. Only thing youd be missing would be a buffer style brush for foundation and concealer brush.
    I've used the rt eye set and I feel some of the brushes are s little big for my eye shape. I find that the rt sets are a little over priced and there'd be brushes in them you'd never reach for. With the sigma one on the other hand I'd used every one. That's not to say I don't like rt. there are certain brushes in each set that work great- just don't think it's worth buying a set for one brush.

Advertisement