Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden shed & bamboo plant

Options
  • 18-03-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

A couple of years ago bamboo was planted at the back of a small garden to give some privacy (recommended by a gardener) and it did the trick - rapid growth in no-time! Also alongside the bamboo at the back wall is a wooden shed. Now, I'm looking to replace the shed with a slightly bigger shed (1 foot wider) and I'm curious about how the bamboo might negatively affect the shed if I don't take certain steps. I don't want it growing up into the wooden floor and damaging the base. If I don't need to do anything then great but if the recommendation is to cut back the bamboo into the ground and put a base of some sort to stop if possibly growing up through then I'd rather do it now before putting anything in place.

Advice or recommendations appreciated.

Advertisement