Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lough Gill 10km Hospice Swim Open for Entry

• 18-03-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey everyone we're open for entry again for 2013. The swim takes place on 10th august 2013 at lough gill, begins in leitrim and finishes in sligo and crosses the length of the lake. Swimmers will pass the Lake isle of Innisfree in this award winning swim (ILDSA swim of the year 2011, 2012). Entry is €50 and anyone interested can enter here. Since it's a fundraiser for the local hospice we have a minimum target for each swimmer to raise €250, the committee puts in a massive effort and want to ensure we maximise what we raise. There are only 50 places and 17 left at this stage so don't hang about if you're interested. Swimmers will have their own kayaker to guide them, carry drinks etc, swim hat, t shirt, goody bag, lunch, evening meal and afterparty and an atmosphere second to none in the country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

Great swim - hope to make it there this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

Really like the look of this and was going to enter it BUT

can't see myself being able to raise the money for the local hospice. If it was a more centralised (or not-so-local) charity then maybe......but I can't see myself being able to go around and raise the funds for a charity i don't know much about or is of no benefit to the community i'm raising the cash in.

BUT i do wish you all the best and no doubt funds will go to a much needed place.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lough gill swim

hey rambutman, thanks for the kind words and for considering us. we thought long and hard before adding that requirement, the swim is first and foremost a fundrasier but i can totally understand what you mean. a huge amount of work goes into organising it and we want to maximise the return for the hospice which is 50% funded as a charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Would like to swim this but will be on holidays. Maybe next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Me too I was looking at this last year but was away at the time, but again I would be too far away and would find it to hard to raise the funds for a specific non-local charity, however the best of luck with it and well done on all the publicity you got last year and keep up the good work.

T

• Advertisement

Tinder wrote: »
    Me too I was looking at this last year but was away at the time, but again I would be too far away and would find it to hard to raise the funds for a specific non-local charity, however the best of luck with it and well done on all the publicity you got last year and keep up the good work.

T

thanks for your well wishes tinder

down to our last ten places now...... great response from the swimmers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

rambutman wrote: »
    Really like the look of this and was going to enter it BUT

can't see myself being able to raise the money for the local hospice. If it was a more centralised (or not-so-local) charity then maybe......but I can't see myself being able to go around and raise the funds for a charity i don't know much about or is of no benefit to the community i'm raising the cash in.

BUT i do wish you all the best and no doubt funds will go to a much needed place.
    :)

+1 would have loved to do it but wouldn't have much luck raising money for a local charity no one knows. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

Good Luck to everyone swimming tomorrow - should be a great day!

it was just an a amazing day and race, weather behaved pretty well and had hundreds turn out to watch the swimmers come in at the finish. loads of money raised for hospice with total to follow. well done all and thanks to everyone who helped in any way

results here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Savage guys well done. Congrats Clodagh awesome race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Scarlet42

oh god what a day... great organising... what an amazing place!! the welcome on the shore was just terrific .. the final 2k upthe garavogue was tough going..thought it would never end, great idea to have the the SUPers here to welcome us in .. cant recommend this enough . had some problems with my left arm and still a bit sore, hopefully it will clear up.

thanks again for a great day

Sean

Advertisement