Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD courier - Worst service ive ever come across

Options
  • 18-03-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The only thing I can say is that you do not have a contract with DPD. It is the retailer who has a contract with them. All you can do is keep complaining to the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The problem is possibly your address.

Customers of DPD use a program to print labels and track parcels. When you input the address details the system searches for the address and allocates a delivery depot for the parcel.

Sometimes the system may no recognise an address and makes a suggestion to the operator of possible other addresses / locations. For example you could have Blackrock Co. Louth or Co. Dublin.

Somebody working in a dispatch centre in UK may not realise the difference, especially as we don't use post codes etc. and just clicks OK on the basis that the software is right.

I've had this happen once or twice when sending out packages especially typical Irish addresses of to A.N.Other, Four Crossroads, Co. Middle of Nowhere. Also the systems struggle with Irish addresses and townlands which may be spelled differently by a programmer. Little things that can make a mess of a delivery. I would suggest when ordering again, ensure to note in comments or on a follow up email that the correct address is . . .. and requesting that the dispatcher confirms that this is correct on the labelling.

Otherwise I find DPD are very dependable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

But don't most courier companys have phone numbers on the parcel?

Most of the ones We use do,,so if they can't find Us,,or don't know the address We get a call. As a last resort,if they still can't find Us,,We'd go to meet them somewhere.

Simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I had a package picked up by DPD to go in for repair. It was fairly well packaged but when it got to it's destination, it was trashed. The front facia was torn off and there was a big dent on the top. It was like they'd driven over it a few times, they're saying it was my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No consultation, I know, but it's the same with most couriers. Especially if you live in a rural area. It's actually a bit ironic that the best around here are DPD! Some of the Dublin based companies don't even try to deliver and often return the goods to the suppliers saying they were unable to deliver as nobody was at home.

Advertisement