Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely horrified at Paddy Power

Options
  • 18-03-2013 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just looking for a bit of advice on this situation. I placed my first online bet for my birthday on Tuesday 12/03 for a race at Cheltenham on Friday. I put €50 on 'Our Conor'. I was ecstatic when the horse won on Friday not because of the €250 I had won but this horse and its name had significant meaning to me.

I could not log into my account on Friday to deposit my winnings and when I phoned Paddy Power that evening they told me that my bet had been cancelled. I had paid for my bet via paypal. My paypal account was linked to my email account and my credit card however the name of the account was my Dad's name.

Paddy Power has refused to pay out stating that It was a fraudulent transaction as my paypal name was not the same as my paddy power account details. They took the €50 from my account however they only put the €50 back into my account on Friday evening when I called them. I never received any correspondence to indicate that this bet had been cancelled. I feel so aggrieved by Paddy Power as I feel they had a duty to inform me if the bet was cancelled. Why only send the money back after the race?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Think you'll find all bookies will do that.
    It's to stop fraud or money laundering.
    Your Dad could have rung up after the horse lost and said "I never authorised that".
    Guessing they only sent it back after the race was over when they went to pay the winnings and noticed the different names?

Advertisement