Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum Moisture Level for Painting, Tiling and Laying Wooden Floors

Options
  • 18-03-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am wondering how to ensure that my house is dry enough to start painting, tiling and laying wooden floors.

The floor downstairs is 100mm power floated concrete finish with under floor heating. The floor upstairs is 50mm liquid screed with under floor heating. Both floors were poured about 4 months ago. The walls were plastered about 2-3 months ago (apart from the wall in the front hallway, which was only done 1 week ago because the front door only arrived then).

The under floor heating was turned on about 2 weeks ago and has been on constantly since then at a relatively low temperature. I hired a moisture meter a couple of days ago and the moisture meter readings were 4-5% on the concrete floor and 1.5-2.5% on the liquid screed floor.

Is this low enough to spray paint the walls & ceilings and to tile the floors and walls? Same question goes for the wooden floors (which are a mix of pre compressed Junckers hardwood floor and decent quality laminates)?

The painter and tiler are both putting me under pressure to get started next week but I want to be sure that it's dry enough before we go ahead.

Any advice you could offer at all would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement